The Cowboys' 11 picks, according to Scouts, Inc.'s Todd McShay

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
4:05 PM Tue, Apr 21, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Scouts, Inc.'s Todd McShay did a mock of the entire draft (ESPN Insider).

Here are his projected picks for the Cowboys:

51. Oregon S Patrick Chung
69. Georgia CB Asher Allen

101. Florida WR Louis Murphy

117. LSU OG Herman Johnson

156. Cal OLB Zach Follett

166. Stanford DE Pannel Egboh

172. Ohio State OT Alex Boone

197. Nevada ILB Josh Mauga

208. Mississippi WR Mike Wallace

210. Temple NT Terrance Knighton

227. Missouri Western OG Roger Allen

He has Ohio State WR Brian Robiskie going in the early third round. I don't think the Cowboys pass on him unless Western Michigan S Louis Delmas drops to No. 51. The Cowboys could address their safety need in the fourth round by picking Texas Tech's Darcel McBath, a Valley Ranch visitor McShay believes will be on the board at No. 101 overall. I'd also be surprised if the Cowboys don't pick a quarterback during the second day, especially if McShay is right that Texas A&M's Stephen McGee and Sam Houston State's Rhett Bomar will be available when the Cowboys make their compensatory pick at the end of the fifth round..

DFWJC

Reaction score
I disagree with McShay on some of the players that you mentioned...so I agree with you on value.

Robiskie goes before early 3rd
Both McGee and Bomar will be gone before the end of Rd 5

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2739377 said:
4:05 PM Tue, Apr 21, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Scouts, Inc.'s Todd McShay did a mock of the entire draft (ESPN Insider).

Here are his projected picks for the Cowboys:

51. Oregon S Patrick Chung
69. Georgia CB Asher Allen

101. Florida WR Louis Murphy

117. LSU OG Herman Johnson

156. Cal OLB Zach Follett

166. Stanford DE Pannel Egboh

172. Ohio State OT Alex Boone

197. Nevada ILB Josh Mauga

208. Mississippi WR Mike Wallace

210. Temple NT Terrance Knighton

227. Missouri Western OG Roger Allen

He has Ohio State WR Brian Robiskie going in the early third round. I don't think the Cowboys pass on him unless Western Michigan S Louis Delmas drops to No. 51. The Cowboys could address their safety need in the fourth round by picking Texas Tech's Darcel McBath, a Valley Ranch visitor McShay believes will be on the board at No. 101 overall. I'd also be surprised if the Cowboys don't pick a quarterback during the second day, especially if McShay is right that Texas A&M's Stephen McGee and Sam Houston State's Rhett Bomar will be available when the Cowboys make their compensatory pick at the end of the fifth round..

Don't like either Egboh & Mauga that high. Don't want Boone, unless a UDFA. Would take Robiskie over Allen in McShay's scenario, even tho I am not high on taking a possession receiver (but good value).

Not sure how accurate his projections are, but this is actually a good mock for the Cowboys.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2739396 said:
Don't like either Egboh & Mauga that high. Don't want Boone, unless a UDFA. Would take Robiskie over Allen in McShay's scenario, even tho I am not high on taking a possession receiver (but good value).

Not sure how accurate his projections are, but this is actually a good mock for the Cowboys.

yep not bad draft, but im not fond of it