The Cowboys are forward-thinking and Futuristic; the new HC should be too!

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
When Jerry Jones talks about the new stadium, he talks about it is important for it to be cutting edge, forward-thinking and futuristic, because that is the image of the Dallas Cowboys. So shouldn't the Head Coach fit that image as well? I believe so. That's why I'm not thrilled about Turner or Phillips, because these guys are not futuristic; rather they are blasts from the past. I also don't want a coach who is inexperienced, like Rivera and Singletary, even though they would fit the futuristic image. I also don't want any holdovers from the Parcells staff - talk about moving backwards fast.

But the one guy that does intrigue me is Caldwell. The guy has head-cached before in college and he has helped turn the Colts into a power-offense. Even when he lost a star RB, he used a Rookie - and effectively I might add - to win the Super Bowl using a power-running offense. Right there he has shown versatility, and the ability to adapt. And with Romo, he'll have the chance to validate himself and prove that he had something to do with Manning's development, and not the other way around. Yup, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Caldwell being our next head coach because he fits the image well. What do you guys/gals think?

superpunk

Reaction score
Futuristic, huh?

We should hire Johnny 5.

I don't know anything about Caldwell, how much he had to do with the Colts, anything, really. So I have no feeling either way. But Johnny 5's a lock.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
superpunk;1363709 said:
Futuristic, huh?

We should hire Johnny 5.

I don't know anything about Caldwell, how much he had to do with the Colts, anything, really. So I have no feeling either way. But Johnny 5's a lock.

:lmao2:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1363702 said:
When Jerry Jones talks about the new stadium, he talks about it is important for it to be cutting edge, forward-thinking and futuristic, because that is the image of the Dallas Cowboys. So shouldn't the Head Coach fit that image as well? I believe so. That's why I'm not thrilled about Turner or Phillips, because these guys are not futuristic; rather they are blasts from the past. I also don't want a coach who is inexperienced, like Rivera and Singletary, even though they would fit the futuristic image. I also don't want any holdovers from the Parcells staff - talk about moving backwards fast.

Tex Schramm once said that the Cowboys did not represent the "red checkered tablecloth" kind of Texas, but the new progressive Texas.

Wade Philips strikes me as a "red checkered tablecloth" kind of guy.

Tex probably wouldn't have hired him. Jerry might. Hard to tell.

But the one guy that does intrigue me is Caldwell. The guy has head-cached before in college and he has helped turn the Colts into a power-offense. Even when he lost a star RB, he used a Rookie - and effectively I might add - to win the Super Bowl using a power-running offense. Right there he has shown versatility, and the ability to adapt. And with Romo, he'll have the chance to validate himself and prove that he had something to do with Manning's development, and not the other way around. Yup, I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Caldwell being our next head coach because he fits the image well. What do you guys/gals think?
I'm glad Caldwell got an interview and that Jerry is considering him.

IMO, Caldwell seems to offer many of the same strengths as Norv Turner, but without Norv's history as an unsuccessful head coach.

Jerry Jones has interviewed many capable candidates. I'd guess that several of the candidates would be good choices. Here's hoping that Jerry picks one of the good ones.

fortdick

Reaction score
But the one guy that does intrigue me is Caldwell. The guy has head-cached before in college

Didn't Jeffery Damur keep heads cached in his freezer?

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1363744 said:
IMO, Caldwell seems to offer many of the same strengths as Norv Turner, but without Norv's history as an unsuccessful head coach.

he was HC at Wake Forrest right?

anybody know what his record was as HC there?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
torrescatch22;1363755 said:
he was HC at Wake Forrest right?

anybody know what his record was as HC there?
Oh, apparently Caldwell's record at Wake was pretty bad.

What I meant to say (but didn't) was "unsuccessful NFL head coach."

brewers47

Reaction score

So you dont like Turner or Phillips because they are old.

If so Caldwell is only 3 years younger than Norv.

MS17

Reaction score
Caldwell as HC was 26-63 at Wake Forest. He also did stints as an assistant at Louisville, Colorado and Penn State. Id say most Deacon fans found him pretty forgettable.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Agreed.

The Youth Movement... includes Romo(QB) and Garrett(HC).

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
fortdick;1363747 said:
Didn't Jeffery Damur keep heads cached in his freezer?

Jeffrey Dahmer. Word to the wise, you really make yourself look like a Rick-with-a-P, when you correct people's typos/misspellings with your own.

:thumbup:

zeromaster

Reaction score
superpunk;1363709 said:
Futuristic, huh?

We should hire Johnny 5.

Naw, Jet Jaguar...
jetjag.jpg

VThokie7

Reaction score

You sure about that? Caldwell was the QB coach, not the offensive coordinator nor the RB coach. Caldwell did not have anything to do with the success of the rookie RB. Not to mention when you have Peyton Manning and the weapons the Colts have, I think it is pretty conceivable a rookie RB can have some success.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Forward thinking would be someone like Urban Meyer.

David.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dwmyers;1364212 said:
Forward thinking would be someone like Urban Meyer.

David.

yeah I saw him on espn today... no nonsense guy... I like that part atleast