The Cowboys are right where they need to be.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am not sure how many people actually remember the Cowboys dynasty teams of the 70's and then again in the 90's but those teams did not go through season's unbeaten. Those teams generally suffered 4 losses, many of those in mere 14 game seasons. In fact this team has not won more than the 13 regular season games it did last season.

Was last seasons' 13 win team the best squad we have had? Not even close. It may have the best we have ever been for the the first 8 weeks of a season but you can't win a title in the first 8 weeks of the season.

This team needed to face adversity and it needed to play with some urgency. It needed to be challenged and not simply walk to the playoffs like they are picking up daisies.

So yes, this team has benefited from its troubles.

7-4 is hardly an exciting record but watching this team play a little bit better each week as it enters the final month of the season is exciting. Seeing the OL punish Washington when they sold out to keep T.O. in check one week then seeing San Fran sell out to stop the run but eat 200+ from Owens? That's perfect.

Romo is still not 100% and this team is still not totally efficient because of it. But it is still capable of putting points on the board and controlling the clock.

My biggest concern at this point is penalties and injuries.

When you get to those concerns you are playing good football.

You have to walk before you can run. This team is at a nice brisk walk right now and I wouldn't have it any other way.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Adversity builds character and unity. The team has already voiced the fact that it won't just be handed to them, they gotta earn it.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jterrell;2440534 said:
I am not sure how many people actually remember the Cowboys dynasty teams of the 70's and then again in the 90's but those teams did not go through season's unbeaten. Those teams generally suffered 4 losses, many of those in mere 14 game seasons. In fact this team has not won more than the 13 regular season games it did last season.

Was last seasons' 13 win team the best squad we have had? Not even close. It may have the best we have ever been for the the first 8 weeks of a season but you can't win a title in the first 8 weeks of the season.

This team needed to face adversity and it needed to play with some urgency. It needed to be challenged and not simply walk to the playoffs like they are picking up daisies.

7-4 is hardly an exciting record but watching this team play a little bit better each week as it enters the final month of the season is exciting. Seeing the OL punish Washington when they sold out to keep T.O. in check one week then seeing San Fran sell out to stop the run but eat 200+ from Owens? That's perfect.

Romo is still not 100% and this team is still not totally efficient because of it. But it is still capable of putting points on the board and controlling the clock.

You have to walk before you can run. This team is at a nice brisk walk right now and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yep, I agree. I kinda like where the team is right now.

By bottoming out in the middle of the season, hopefully they'll build up some more momentum heading into the final stretch and finally peak at the right time.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I like the momentum we're building.Ican't wait for Thursday and then the 11 day rest at hopefully 8-4.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I agree but i am also worried about our o-line.without kosier our running game sucks and we cant protect romo well-that doesnt bode well for the remaining tough schedule.

Swolt

Reaction score
jterrell;2440534 said:

Right where we need to be but being held down by injuries.:bang2:

Padd

Reaction score
I also like the tough schedule coming in December. This team needs to bring their A-game each week to pull a "W" and that "should" help them stay focused unlike their most recent efforts in December. If they play from here on out like they did at Washington, they should be fine.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Add to all that the kind of home stretch that builds a champion. Steelers, Giants, Ravens and Eagles. Win 3 out of 4 of those and we would be very hot and primed for the POs.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
losing 2 playoff games while being horrible in december both years should be enough adversity already. we have to face it. this team does not respond well with adversity.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
zeroburrito;2441183 said:
losing 2 playoff games while being horrible in december both years should be enough adversity already. we have to face it. this team does not respond well with adversity.
Never mind that 2008 is not 2007 or 2006.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
jterrell;2440534 said:

I still want to see us come out and thump Seattle with the fury before I believe that we are back on track. I think we have the chance to be there, but other than the score, I thought that San Francisco was controlling the game all too well until The Play.

I highlighted something I really disagree with. If I remember correctly, san francisco had a nearly 5 minute TOP advantage on us at the beginning of the third quarter. I want to see this team control the clock in a way that we don't require a few massively large plays to leap frog ahead. You can't live off of bombs in this league. We have to maintain our drives in a methodical manner.