The Cowboys didn't use their running game

Silverstar

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;2293706 said:
Marion Barber only had 8 carries. What happen to the running game?

Dude we were down by 7 points at the half....so it was abandoned.

We had to go shotgun the rest of the way or lose man!

So close...

-sarcasm off-

utrunner07

Reaction score

Man, thank goodness you noticed this...I can't believe there were no threads or even mentions of this earlier. ;)

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

just to think I just posted something along these lines, then come and see this after writing that.

I agree....... there was no reason to abandon the run, why?

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Silverstar;2293750 said:
Dude we were down by 7 points at the half....so it was abandoned.

We had to go shotgun the rest of the way or lose man!

So close...

-sarcasm off-
Barber WAS used on the first drive after Halftime in which the Cowboys scored a TD to TIE the game ( Barber had 2 carries ). Barber touched the ball ONCE after that & they were only down 3 at that point. :rolleyes:

cowboyz

Reaction score
i just had to rewatch the whole game again, because i thought surely there was a reason for garrett to abandon the run.

i got no idea :bang2: tony was clearly skittish. he was throw passes quickly. instead of letting the play develop.

what's worse, they ran one play to the right side. and that play was a huge gain.

nor did we call quick passes to barber or felix.

every play was pretty much downfield passing, where no one could get open on one on one coverage.

the only way TO got open was from cross patterns. he's just not a dominant force anymore. a #1 wr should be able to get open with one-on-one coverage. although. it's clear they're using a safety over the top to allow that cb to play tough. and there was a lot of contact on TO which would've normally been called holding/PI.

teams do not fear the offensive team speed.

oh and proctor was BAD. can't wait for kosier to return. proctor didn't just get beat, he missed assignments. inexcusable for a guy that's been in this offense for that long.

also, i swear it wasn't just newman and felix that were slipping. seems like the dline couldn't dig in their heels either. something was up with the footing.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
cowboyz;2294012 said:
i just had to rewatch the whole game again, because i thought surely there was a reason for garrett to abandon the run.

i got no idea :bang2: tony was clearly skittish. he was throw passes quickly. instead of letting the play develop.

what's worse, they ran one play to the right side. and that play was a huge gain.

nor did we call quick passes to barber or felix.

every play was pretty much downfield passing, where no one could get open on one on one coverage.

the only way TO got open was from cross patterns. he's just not a dominant force anymore. a #1 wr should be able to get open with one-on-one coverage. although. it's clear they're using a safety over the top to allow that cb to play tough. and there was a lot of contact on TO which would've normally been called holding/PI.

teams do not fear the offensive team speed.

oh and proctor was BAD. can't wait for kosier to return. proctor didn't just get beat, he missed assignments. inexcusable for a guy that's been in this offense for that long.

also, i swear it wasn't just newman and felix that were slipping. seems like the dline couldn't dig in their heels either. something was up with the footing.

Good Point.