Video: The Cowboys Offensive Line was the Difference Maker vs. Bengals

ESisback

Reaction score
Farniok seemed to do well. Kinda made me wonder how they’re gonna use Peters. Of course, Tampa’s DL is better than Cincy’s, so…

Plus, defense and the run game enabled us.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is the real difference this week; we did not abandon the run. Hope that is a trend.
exactly, at the first sign of trouble we stop running.....sometimes just threat of a run is helpful. if you totally abandon it like we do, then the opposing defense will just tee off in pass rush

kskboys

Reaction score
I think our D was the difference in the game. We shoved it back in Burrows face time and time again.

Don't lose the fact that we won scoring 20 pts and our D held Cincy to 17. That was the biggest factor, and there wasn't a close 2nd.

Verdict

Reaction score
Tyler Smith was a great pick. Very encouraging.

But he did get away with some holding yesterday, but so do lots of guys.
Yes. He did get away with a few holds that were somewhat blatant.

The refs seemed to have “let them play” yesterday which was refreshing. The Bengals got by with several illegal hands to the face penalties on both sides of the ball as well.

Lots of “no-calls” on both sides. If it wasn’t blatant, it wasn’t called for the most part.

On the initial watching of the game this was one of the first times in forever that I thought the refs were not anti-Cowboys biased. It felt really great for a change. I thought it was a fairly officiated game at first blush.

erod

Reaction score
Yes. He did get away with a few holds that were somewhat blatant.

The refs seemed to have “let them play” yesterday which was refreshing. The Bengals got by with several illegal hands to the face penalties on both sides of the ball as well.

Lots of “no-calls” on both sides. If it wasn’t blatant, it wasn’t called for the most part.

On the initial watching of the game this was one of the first times in forever that I thought the refs were not anti-Cowboys biased. It felt really great for a change. I thought it was a fairly officiated game at first blush.
And that particular crew is notorious for calling every ticky tack thing during a game, which was strange. But yesterday, they went full Mister Magoo.

The NFL is shady. T

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
THAT was my biggest worry about Smith- the penalties
So far very pleasantly surprised

I was a pro drafting Tyler from the very beginning but even I've been impressed by his progress and production.

Philbin really should be embarrassed by how he mismanaged his reps in TC and preseason.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
……and Dakota was sacked just twice last game against a better defense. The offensive line protected Dakota beautifully last week but Rayne failed to capitalize on it

Thanks for pointing out how the sack totals tell the story

Max protection vs Bucs D was VERY different than protection vs Bengals D.

All these generalisms without context or due diligence is embarrassing for Cowboys Nation.

Do better.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Cowboys sacked Burrow 6 times.

Cooper Rush was only sacked once.

Smith has been unbelievable. Truly. The interioor was stout and Steele has been great. I think focusing on running game helps a OL tremendously. It allows them to maul people and gain confidence. So critical that they work in the running game.

Reactions: BAT

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think it was our Defense. ;)

If you compare the Bengals and the Bucs you'll see that the Bucs just have a great defense atm. But our D held both teams to absolutely managable scores.

Honestly. I think the difference maker was the work ethics, the "one step at a time" attitude and Kellen forced to think differently with Rush at the Helm. I mean I bet the Bengals never thought of Noah catching the huge passes all night.

I admit that I didn't.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Tyler will be elite vs run. That's why I want to see him at LG.

He would destroy defenses as a pulling guard.

quickccc

Reaction score
It always starts up front in the trenches, .with both offense vs defense.
And that's every game, every week.

Burrows was harrassed so much that he did not seek to hold the ball a bit longer to push the ball vertically downfield.
Especially in 1st half,.. the ball that was thrown at the feet of backs and receivers several times was because of the pressure.

Tyler is doing really well for a rookie with zero training camp/preseason work.
I have no desire to bring Tyron back and have to go thru all of this LT drama again.

But Cooper Rush who was getting the ball out quickly, he wasnt holding on to the ball en route to sacks, and goofy Kellen finally decided to
run the damn ball, .shortened the chains, setting up play action, and putting some physicality thump on Cincy's front seven ...

NotForLong

Reaction score
Our poor fan base will always say it was the other team played bad and lost vs give us credit for piecing together a win 5 starters down. we were 7.5 Dogs at home and shut that nonsense down!

sick of ouir clown fan base every player on this zones hit list they didn't like that Jerry chose over another stepped up and says we do have depth all over .. narratives busted once again,. Tyler is ahead of schedule..nop plan huh LT of the future has arrived and yes he will have growing pains but he doesnt look lost out there at all. imagine getting peters next to him and Gallup back.

I mean as crazy as this sounds it does seem like Biadsz is the one still playing he worst. he doesn't suck but hes getting shoved back deeper and not getting to his stretch zone blocks on time etc.

If im a coach next week

73- Peters- Farniok(c)-Martin-Steele that my lineup. Biadsz is swing g/c

Galup back helps rush helps lamb etc
Except for me Peters plays Tackle and Smith plays Guard

NotForLong

Reaction score
Tyler will be elite vs run. That's why I want to see him at LG.

He would destroy defenses as a pulling guard.

Exactly:thumbup:

Let Him come in this season and just beat the hell out of people . . . Just to get His feet weto_O

That s what Peters allows for

I would be totally blown away if Smith doesn't move back to Guard

NotForLong

Reaction score
Also as a side note . . . Imagine if we had Conor Williams as the Center . . . Championship