The Cowboys Select....

garyv

Reaction score
If you were picking for the Cowboys and all three players are on the board would you select: Merriman, Ware or Spears and who would best help the Cowboys right now?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I want DJ first if on board

ITS AN OBVIOUS TRADE DOWN

Merriman/Ware/Pollack same player

Spears/Travis Johnson similar 3-4 DE's that can plug in DT in 4-3

Get 2 of the above and translate trade down pick into ILB - Ruud/O Thurman

With second - WR/TE - Heath Miller - Roddy White - Terrance Murphy

4th Ryan Moats RB
5th Chris Canty BAR BOTTLE CATCHER
6th - Anthony Bryant NT
7th - ERIK PEARS OT

LA=Pancakemaker

Benched
Reaction score
I want DJ first if on board

ITS AN OBVIOUS TRADE DOWN

Merriman/Ware/Pollack same player

Spears/Travis Johnson similar 3-4 DE's that can plug in DT in 4-3

Get 2 of the above and translate trade down pick into ILB - Ruud/O Thurman

With second - WR/TE - Heath Miller - Roddy White - Terrance Murphy

4th Ryan Moats RB
5th Chris Canty BAR BOTTLE CATCHER
6th - Anthony Bryant NT
7th - ERIK PEARS OT

Merriman / Then Ware

Pollack / Spears

at 42 - VINCENT JACKSON!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
garyv said:
If you were picking for the Cowboys and all three players are on the board would you select: Merriman, Ware or Spears and who would best help the Cowboys right now?
Of those three I would select Merriman but I believe Jeff Ireland loves Ware. If I were a betting man I would bet that Ware is our choice at #11.

If Mike Williams is not there at 11 I would try to trade down. Especially if those 3 guys are all there. They are interchangeable in some ways. Move down, add a pick and take one of them later.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Ware. SPears would be available at 20 and merriman is an athlete, not a dominating player.

te0002

Reaction score
Trade down. Merriman is more athlete than football player, Ware is too raw to be good value at 11 and Spears lacks consistency and is too light in the britches to be an anchor on the DL

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I have to say I like Merriman's broader range of versatility and more likelihood to be a "catalytic" player.
But when it comes down to those 3, I'll let BP make that decision for me.

Reaction score
Its tough to say, I think I am leaning on Ware, although Merriman could become dominate as well with Parcells taking over on D in his 3-4...

I think Ware has that very rare size speed ratio that OC's would have to fear...

Ether however are impact players who can kill QB's...

I think Spears would be good value at #20...

I am still wanting Bullocks with our 2nd...

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
te0002 said:
Trade down. Merriman is more athlete than football player, Ware is too raw to be good value at 11 and Spears lacks consistency and is too light in the britches to be an anchor on the DL

How could someone who's 6-4, 300lbs be "too light in the britches"? :confused:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
If all three of them are there (and they probably will be) then I'd try like hell to trade down.

Pointguard01

Reaction score
I trade down and hope that Ware is still there wereever we trade down to. In terms of who I like, I'd go Ware, then Merriman, and finally Spears.

kartr

Reaction score
Merriman is bigger and almost as fast as Ware, doesn't take plays off like Spears and hits like Roy Williams and he can play three positions.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think you have to take Merriman based on potential
he has too much size, versatility, speed, and athleticism
then you have to take Spears
because he has a lot of versatility, freakish size/athleticism combo
then Ware
because he played second tier talent, is strictly a 4-3 speed rusher (probably not an every down guy) or a 3-4 OLB (which are a dime a dozen)
Ideally, you trade down a few spots, pick up another day one pick, and take whomever is left of the three a few picks later...

that said, I still want MW first, DJ second, and then one of these guys third...