The D is back in Dallas

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Now we just need the offense to gel again and it starts with the head, Jason Garrett. If you can find blame in holding an opponent to 13 points then you have under rated the offense. You gotta put up points and this offense is more than capable. We should still be able to find creative ways to score and we just couldn't get it done. They were all confused out there, running different routes and throwing the ball to empty spots.
I hate timing patterns..:bang2:

All in all the Defense was outstanding and I'm excited about our chances against the falling Giants...:starspin

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
It seems like for years now, it's either the defense or offense that's dominant at any given point. We can't seem to get both going at once.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2471980 said:
Now we just need the offense to gel again and it starts with the head, Jason Garrett. If you can find blame in holding an opponent to 13 points then you have under rated the offense. You gotta put up points and this offense is more than capable. We should still be able to find creative ways to score and we just couldn't get it done. They were all confused out there, running different routes and throwing the ball to empty spots.

All in all the Defense was outstanding and I'm excited about our chances against the falling Giants...:starspin

The problem is that it appears that 50% of the time, they don't run routes. It's all improv like "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" out there.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
theogt;2471985 said:
It seems like for years now, it's either the defense or offense that's dominant at any given point. We can't seem to get both going at once.

so true...

so very true..:banghead:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
theogt;2471985 said:

Well Wade took over the D and got it back on track, Garrett needs to do the same or maybe Wade needs to pull rank on him as well. We should have kept throwing short dump offs to Choice, ran a few more screens, rolled Romo out, etc. We always gotta go for the home run....:bang2:

Batman

Reaction score

I agree with you about our defense. They completely dominated the Steelers. The Steelers had great field position to start most of their drives and our defense really got the job done.

I only disagree with you on blaming Jason Garrett. Garrett was not the one who gave the game away by turning the ball over 4 times like Romo did. There is no amount of coaching or game planning can deal with that when playing a top team like the Steelers. Garrett or Wade can not go out an throw the ball for Romo. Garrett and Wade did their job, Romo just choked like he always does in big games.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
well at least the D knows how it feels to play lights out and watching the other side give it away...............:bang2:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Batman;2472023 said:
I agree with you about our defense. They completely dominated the Steelers. The Steelers had great field position to start most of their drives and our defense really got the job done.

I only disagree with you on blaming Jason Garrett. Garrett was not the one who gave the game away by turning the ball over 4 times like Romo did. There is no amount of coaching or game planning can deal with that when playing a top team like the Steelers. Garrett or Wade can not go out an throw the ball for Romo. Garrett and Wade did their job, Romo just choked like he always does in big games.

Well when you see your receivers running the wrong routes and your QB throws it to the designated spot irregardless, you need to pull back the reigns. It's called coaching. You change your game plan when it unravels. Romo forced the TD to TO but we can't always win on raw talent. A good coach knows how to harness talent and win championships.

Garrett is an 8 year old crashing daddy's Ferrari into the side of the garage..:bang2:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I believe in the last 4 games we have only given up 2 or 3 TD's that werent garbage time or penalty assisted TD's.... the rest of the points given up were all FG's.

Everson24

Reaction score
casmith07;2472000 said:
The problem is that it appears that 50% of the time, they don't run routes. It's all improv like "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" out there.

This is getting to be a real problem for this team. We must run more disiplined routes but I fear it is too late in the season for that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2472067 said:
Well when you see your receivers running the wrong routes and your QB throws it to the designated spot irregardless, you need to pull back the reigns. It's called coaching. You change your game plan when it unravels. Romo forced the TD to TO but we can't always win on raw talent. A good coach knows how to harness talent and win championships.

Garrett is an 8 year old crashing daddy's Ferrari into the side of the garage..:bang2:

:clap:

Everson24

Reaction score

With as many stops as our D had today we should have scored 30. It was a terrible day by our recievers and Romo.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
The Dallas defense out played the Steeler defense for the first 52 minutes, then the scheme was switched to prevent, and it was all downhill from there. That is on the coaches for changing up from what works, to what does not. Play prevent when you are up 52-7, not when the game is tight like that.

It also didn't help that Romo had a bad game, and the special teams stunk.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Everson24;2472225 said:
With as many stops as our D had today we should have scored 30. It was a terrible day by our recievers and Romo.

COACHING. Tashard Choice had 157 all purpose yards through like 2-1/2 quarters and he finished with only 166!! UNACCEPTABLE!:mad: :mad: :mad:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Everson24;2472217 said:
This is getting to be a real problem for this team. We must run more disiplined routes but I fear it is too late in the season for that.

No it's not to late, these guys are professionals and they need to get it right today. Since ATL lost we are actually in this thing. I would give the Defense most of the week off but I'd have Romo and company running routes all day long, starting today.

I don't ever wanna see another pass to the ghost receiver again.:mad:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I love this defense. Absolutely love it.

People talk about Wade taking it back over, and that's probably part of it. But I think part of it is also that he's had a year now to see each player's strengths and weaknesses. He's just awesome at identifying weak links in the offense and then scheming ways to exploit them with our strengths during the game. And rushers breaking totally free by confusing the offense is something I've wanted to see for years now. We almost never saw it under Zimmer and Parcells, and now it's routine.

BTW, we're now tied for the NFL lead in sacks at 45. And second place is a whopping six sacks behind us. Pretty amazing that we've been able to do that AND not give up many big plays with our top two strong safeties out and Keith Davis starting there for us.

I may be the only one, but I'm going to be very sad when Wade is no longer running this defense. I think people might be surprised to see it go downhill when he's gone.