The Defense shows up today big time!

Taz

Reaction score
, but the Offense didn';t even get off the bus..

Serioulsy we are suposed to have this high power offense and we cannot even score a touchdown againts a non playoff team at home.

Biggest news starting pro bowl center injuried :bang2: :banghead:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Bull crap. When you need a stop on 3rd & 9 and they give up a 29 yard pass completion with no defender anywhere near the receiver, that's not showing up in my book. Defense has to make the stop on the 3rd and longs, it's as simple as that. Those are "gimme" downs for the good defenses. We constantly give up the 3rd and longs. Most of the time the offenses stop themselves. If our offense doesn't out-score the opponent, we're up the creeek.

jesusphreak

Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1837651 said:
Bull crap. When you need a stop on 3rd & 9 and they give up a 29 yard pass completion with no defender anywhere near the receiver, that's not showing up in my book. Defense has to make the stop on the 3rd and longs, it's as simple as that. Those are "gimme" downs for the good defenses. We constantly give up the 3rd and longs. Most of the time the offenses stop themselves. If our offense doesn't out-score the opponent, we're up the creeek.

They gave up 10 points all day and were on the field most of the game. You can't get pissed at the defense. If you are pissed, you'd get pissed at another 31 defenses in this league.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1837651 said:

We diddnt even bother covering Westbrook coming out in the flats on certain downs, it was infuriating.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense was tired. The offense did nothing to stay on the field, never giving the defense a rest. Considering the circumstances, the defense played pretty well. On offense, we abandoned the run and couldn't execute pass plays. The worst offensive showing in I don't know how long.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
loved the D until killer keith came through for us once again with the no play on the long pass....he sucks...i wouldnt even put him out there...we have been down that road,,even with an injury...wd have moved jones back there and put in another corner

BBQ101

Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1837651 said:

I don't think you can put anything on the D this week. You are not going to win many games in the NFL scoring 6 points. Plain and simple. Romo had a bad bad game, and wasn't helped out at all by any receivers not named Witten or Crayton. All around poor effort on Offense today.

Lord help us on the injury report tomorrow.

BBQ

50cent

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1837757 said:
loved the D until killer keith came through for us once again with the no play on the long pass....he sucks...i wouldnt even put him out there...we have been down that road,,even with an injury...wd have moved jones back there and put in another corner
Killer Keith? Try the game quitter RW. He let him go, not Davis.

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm very proud of our D. They kept us in it despite the offense's struggles. The O has bailed them out plenty of times this year, it's about time they repaid the favor.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
It's been happening all season, but on a smaller scale. We go through stretches where our D is on fire and our O is terrible. Then our O gets going and our D struggles. The difference is, we always got bailed out by Romo and that wasn't the case today.

50cent

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1837757 said:
Killer Keith? Try the game quitter, RW. He let him go, not Davis.

StarHead69

Reaction score
I believe that our defense gave us every opportunity to win this game. Look at the field position the iggles had all day. Our Offense let the D down bigtime today. Romo was "off" (worst day ever) yet we continued to rely on the passing game to the point where the philly D was teeing off on him every play. From the challenge on the first drive, to the risky playcalling this game was managed terribly. Hopefully the injuries are minor and we take out our frustration on the panthers and especially the skins!!!!!:D

On another note, does anyone have the energy to look up JJ's ypc vs. NFC East teams this year? It seems like they all know what's coming when he's in the backfield.

Undisputed

Reaction score
This past week must have humbled this team on BOTH sides of the ball. Hopefully that turns into a positive.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
OuR defense played very solidly today. 10 pts allowed, good pressure on the QB. I can live with that.

Taz

Reaction score
noober;1837957 said:
I believe that our defense gave us every opportunity to win this game. Look at the field position the iggles had all day. Our Offense let the D down bigtime today. Romo was "off" (worst day ever) yet we continued to rely on the passing game to the point where the philly D was teeing off on him every play. From the challenge on the first drive, to the risky playcalling this game was managed terribly. Hopefully the injuries are minor and we take out our frustration on the panthers and especially the skins!!!!!:D

On another note, does anyone have the energy to look up JJ's ypc vs. NFC East teams this year? It seems like they all know what's coming when he's in the backfield.

Also like the note this lose makes it highly unlikely tat we will sweep our divsion like some wanted. I know it is a worthless thing just pointing it out since soem said we might and were looking forward to it.

Taz

Reaction score
that play where ware starts at the end and then swings up the middle. that was gold.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1837651 said:

once again for the people who dont grasp this concept:

the final score 10-6...we kicked two field goals...we threw 3 picks and gained only 11 offensive first downs

this is not rocket science here people

David

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Taz;1837542 said:
, but the Offense didn';t even get off the bus..

Serioulsy we are suposed to have this high power offense and we cannot even score a touchdown againts a non playoff team at home.

Biggest news starting pro bowl center injuried :bang2: :banghead:
D gave us a chance to win but it was just good.

the philly offense is putrid.

i'm going to miss playing mcnabb (hes out of there) because he is totally ineffective as a Qb.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1837687 said:
We diddnt even bother covering Westbrook coming out in the flats on certain downs, it was infuriating.

Westrbook got free for one good gain on a swing pass...he gained 63 yds on 9 catches...he had more catches and yds last time we played them

David