CFZ The Diggs Injury Really Hurts the Team

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All the draft picks from the off-season, all the UDFA and FA signings were pieces that worked to build around our three core young star players: Parsons, Lamb, and Diggs.

We can talk about Martin and Tyron, but those guys are more now guys than future.

In any case, subtract Diggs from that equation and now the entire defensive game plan changes because Diggs is so capable in man and knowing his assignment.

I'm not knocking Bland or the other guys in the secondary, but Diggs makes all of those guys better because he's so savvy in pass coverage. Taking him away, takes away a huge advantage for our team, especially down the line.

Add to that, three of you offensive line starters are out and I really can't blame Dak, especially when McCarthy puts him in a 4th and goal situation. I can't stress enough. Take the points.

But the main point is, not having Diggs this year really brings our defense back down to Earth . . . To the point I wonder if Jerral Wayne ends up making some sort of trade down the line for a top-notch corner.

I dare say had we had Diggs, Martin, and Biadasz, we win that game.

Oh well. The season isn't over. It's just a bummer to lose our second best defender so early. We'll see if we can pick it back up against the Pat's.

My biggest wish for that game is for McCarthy to stick to what most coaches would do. I saw him punt on 4th and 10 last year when the higher percentage call was to go for it. Then I saw him go for it on 4th and goal and squander points that could have helped the team. And that's always been my complaint about McCarthy.

That said, I expect us to bounce back and bring home the win this Sunday.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I just find it odd that he tears it in practice. This is year four? Never had an ACL tear until this season at practice.

RS12

Reaction score
Is Diggs getting hurt a plus? No of course not. The fact of the matter is the season will be determined on the other side of the ball. I think that is the obvious conclusion to draw from Sunday's game.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They won't let that be an excuse. McCarthy has achieved great success with dinged up Packers, taking the 2010 team to the SB and winning as a Wild Card, 15 players on IR, and losing Driver, Woodson and Shields during the SB to injury. Nothing is over.

Redline360

Reaction score
Does it absolutely suck you lost one of your best defenders? Yes but good coaching and having others steps up makes the wheels turn. Every team fights through injuries. It's not like you lost some elite QB or something

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Gilmore was easily a top 10 corner last year. Some sites even have him ranked as 5th however he is not a true cover 1 anymore. He wasn't brought in to do that
Maybe he needs to start showing that top 10 talent here because I expect someone ranked that high not to be getting burned every couple games. Bad enough that happens to Diggs.

And Gilmore hasn't exactly gone up against great QBs either.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Maybe he needs to start showing that top 10 talent here because I expect someone ranked that high not to be getting burned every couple games. Bad enough that happens to Diggs.

And Gilmore hasn't exactly gone up against great QBs either.
Gilmore age has caught up to him. Unfortunately I think our secondary will be our weakness, and a big one. Diggs playmaking ability was enough to have qbs think twice of throwing it to his side, no other player in our secondary has that

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All the draft picks from the off-season, all the UDFA and FA signings were pieces that worked to build around our three core young star players: Parsons, Lamb, and Diggs.

We can talk about Martin and Tyron, but those guys are more now guys than future.

In any case, subtract Diggs from that equation and now the entire defensive game plan changes because Diggs is so capable in man and knowing his assignment.

I'm not knocking Bland or the other guys in the secondary, but Diggs makes all of those guys better because he's so savvy in pass coverage. Taking him away, takes away a huge advantage for our team, especially down the line.

Add to that, three of you offensive line starters are out and I really can't blame Dak, especially when McCarthy puts him in a 4th and goal situation. I can't stress enough. Take the points.

But the main point is, not having Diggs this year really brings our defense back down to Earth . . . To the point I wonder if Jerral Wayne ends up making some sort of trade down the line for a top-notch corner.

I dare say had we had Diggs, Martin, and Biadasz, we win that game.

Oh well. The season isn't over. It's just a bummer to lose our second best defender so early. We'll see if we can pick it back up against the Pat's.

My biggest wish for that game is for McCarthy to stick to what most coaches would do. I saw him punt on 4th and 10 last year when the higher percentage call was to go for it. Then I saw him go for it on 4th and goal and squander points that could have helped the team. And that's always been my complaint about McCarthy.

That said, I expect us to bounce back and bring home the win this Sunday.
Wow….more genius, first rate analysis from you.
werent you telling us last week it was no big deal?

Shane612

Reaction score
Please don't use this as an excuse.
Teams lose players to injury. It's part of the package.
Besides, Cardinals ran over the cowboys. Their passing game was so so...it didn't need to be anything more.

Last edited:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Please don't use this as an excuse.
Teams lose players to injury. It's part of the package.
Besides, Cardinals ran over the cowboys. Their passing game was so so...it didn't need to be anything more.
^^^^ Give that man the prize of his choice. Tackling falls on all 11 of the defense. Nobody brought it Sunday..... NOBODY

Not D Line = Trash ! LB's =Trash CB's = Trash Wilson I know it was your first action of the year but DAMN T R D D D ash along with your Safety bredren = T R D D D Dash

BTW The broken English is purposeful, So any and all Grammar/ Phonetics Police Shove it !!!!!

Last edited:

Shane612

Reaction score
^^^^ Give that man the prize of his choice. Tackling falls on all 11 of the defense. Nobody brought it Sunday..... NOBODY

Not D Line = Trash ! LB's =Trash CB's = Trash Wilson I know it was your first action of the year but DAMN T R D D D ash along with your Safety bredren = T R D D D Dash
Are you just being an as*s, or just overly dramatic...or both?
:laugh: