CFZ The Draft so far is highly influenced by the Eagles (and the Rest of the NFCE)

Carter

Reaction score
I cant help but feel that way. The way the NFCE and especially the Eagles have dominant front lines on D and great running Game and running QBs in Jalen Hurts and Daniel Jones and are overall physical teams we just drafted counter parts.

Mazi Smith is the best run stopping DT in the Draft. A fridge. Hes a more athletic BJ Raji that was vital in the McCarty Packers Years. Run Defense and running QBs were killing this team in important games the last years. Basically every short run over the middle or QB sneak was a given 1st.

Schoonmaker looks a bit like Jason Witten 2.0 with a nastiness of Dan Campbell as a blocker. Huge catch radius. This will allow Jake Ferguson to be TE1/receiving TE and this pick allows us to run 12 personnel more effectively and PHYSICALLY as Schoonmaker can deal with the physicality in the trenches that Philly, the Giants and in someway the Commanders will possess. Yes he is likely a reach at that point given that hes also 25 when the season starts but hes also very mature and game ready.

Overshown is a multi tool weapon that flies around the field with a nasty mind. Hes a bit like Jayron Kearse without a true position but can tackle like hell, plays the ball and has high football IQ.

pansophy

Reaction score
If you look at the reasons why we lose games, #1 in my book was the inability to stop the run and get to pass rushing down. The Green Bay game was especially enlightening to me because they would run in 3 and 4+, which would normally be a passing down. They also made a lot of those 3rd down conversions. They have been trying to fix that ever sense -- Hankins was piece one and we have Mazi too. So you have to feel good about that.

Reason #2 is that we didn't have enough WR talent. They didn't count on the draft a second time and got a known quantity in free agency. Add a solid TE who can actually block and that should help a lot on offense.

I'd like to see a RB and some OL today...

JBS

Reaction score
M. Smith isn’t stopping J. Hurts qb sneak. So forget that idea

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Personally I think that the selection of the TE is indicative of what they feel about the group we already have. They took a guy that is a better blocker and more athletic. I think it’s very possible that Ferguson is TE 2 and the new guy is TE 1.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Eagles have absolutely murdered the draft.

Fans can play the homer card but the Eagles are gonna be a problem.

Not worried so much about the Giants so long as Daniel Jones is still leading the charge.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Personally I think that the selection of the TE is indicative of what they feel about the group we already have. They took a guy that is a better blocker and more athletic. I think it’s very possible that Ferguson is TE 2 and the new guy is TE 1.
I would be shocked if he doesnt start to be honest, smart player good blocker good hands and speed.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I cant help but feel that way. The way the NFCE and especially the Eagles have dominant front lines on D and great running Game and running QBs in Jalen Hurts and Daniel Jones and are overall physical teams we just drafted counter parts.

Mazi Smith is the best run stopping DT in the Draft. A fridge. Hes a more athletic BJ Raji that was vital in the McCarty Packers Years. Run Defense and running QBs were killing this team in important games the last years. Basically every short run over the middle or QB sneak was a given 1st.

Schoonmaker looks a bit like Jason Witten 2.0 with a nastiness of Dan Campbell as a blocker. Huge catch radius. This will allow Jake Ferguson to be TE1/receiving TE and this pick allows us to run 12 personnel more effectively and PHYSICALLY as Schoonmaker can deal with the physicality in the trenches that Philly, the Giants and in someway the Commanders will possess. Yes he is likely a reach at that point given that hes also 25 when the season starts but hes also very mature and game ready.

Overshown is a multi tool weapon that flies around the field with a nasty mind. Hes a bit like Jayron Kearse without a true position but can tackle like hell, plays the ball and has high football IQ.
The Eagles are on a mission to be relevant for years to come, but unfortunately that can't be said for JJ and his group of back slapping minions.............

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The slob knobbing for the Eagles on this board is disgusting. Did the Eagles have a good draft? Sure. But the ***** envy some of you all exhibit is shocking.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Every tight end gets compared to Witten lol.

Most Witten clones turn out to be Dan Campbell if they’re lucky.