"The Eagles" Band Appreciation Thread

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm fixin to be 32, I grew up in the 90's.....I never truly appreciated the greatness of the Eagles until the recent passing of Glenn Frey, and the CNN documentary that recently aired.....I had heard alot of the classic songs of course, but never realized they were Eagles songs.....Never knew about Don Henley bein a Texan, or goin to UNT here in my hometown of Denton (North Texas State when he attended)....when I was a lil kid I remember "Down at the Sunset Grill" and "Dirty laundry" being a couple of my favorite songs, and I just now found out those were by Henley after the Eagles had split....

Amyway I guess what Im tryin to say is, I've always known the Eagles were legends, just never truly got it til now....I usually still listen to the bands I loved in high school (Slipknot,Pantera,Tool,Rammstein,ICP,Korn, ETC) with some old country and classic rock thrown in here and there......but I think Im fixin to spend the next few months listenin to alot more Eagles, and maybe some other 70's stuff.......

How many of yall older timers out there saw these dudes live?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I took my boy to the Eagles as his first concert, just a few years ago. They're a road trip Pandora staple in our house.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually liked them better when they were either solo acts or with other bands.

Oh...and Joe Walsh is the best. :)

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I grew up with their music.

Don Henley - "I was the only hippie radical in Linden Texas".

And BrainPaint is right, Joe Walsh is the best. He was a rock star before the Eagles ever formed. A professional hotel room trasher too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually liked them better when they were either solo acts or with other bands.

Oh...and Joe Walsh is the best. :)

Made my kids watch The Warriors the other weekend. Everytime I hear In The City, I think of it now.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Had the chance to see them a couple years ago and passed which I'm kicking myself for. Great band where the sum of the parts were greater than the individual components. Also kudos to Henley for his work in keeping Lake Caddo{E Texas} pristine and untouched by human hands.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I watched my "Hell Freezes Over" DVD once again in memorial of Glen Frey. What a great talent we lost when he past away. God's band just got better.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I watched my "Hell Freezes Over" DVD once again in memorial of Glen Frey. What a great talent we lost when he past away. God's band just got better.

It's too bad they had banish Felder. Major part in hotel California.