The early season question was: If we don't make it to the Super Bowl, is Wade gone?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The question now should be: If we don't make it to the playoffs, is Wade toast before the season ends?

My sense is that Jerra is up to his wrinkle-free forehead in excuses from Wade and Co. and we'll see another HC before the year is out if we don't make the playoffs.

Will we make the playoffs? If not, will Wade last the season?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Right now, I don't think we make it (although I certainly HOPE we do) and I think Wade gets canned after the last game is played unless there is a miraculous turn around. He won't get fired before the season is out though, no better options.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i dont think the Boys fire Wade before seasons end.
i wasnt in favor of firing Wade at the end of the year if the Cowboys
made the playoffs, and won a playoff game.

the way this year has unfolded, and with the crappy games the Boys have turned in, Wade has definitely given Jerry reasons to fire him at the end of
the season.

i dont blame it all on Wade, players havent played well and injuries mounted
but the head coach is ultimately responsible.

Hey Gimme.......your fighting idiots of Farmers Branch cant seem to stay out of the news can they ?
the weekend news story about apartments not wanting to rent to those
with tattos, grillz, piercings and stuff was hilarious !

so now unless Wade and the Boys make the Super Bowl i think Jerry
will get rid of Wade....PR wise, Jerry will feel the need to make a BIG
splash moving into the new stadium.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2395741 said:
The question now should be: If we don't make it to the playoffs, is Wade toast before the season ends?

My sense is that Jerra is up to his wrinkle-free forehead in excuses from Wade and Co. and we'll see another HC before the year is out if we don't make the playoffs.

Will we make the playoffs? If not, will Wade last the season?

POTY!! :bow:

If we limp into playoffs we are one and done.

If we get it together and go into playoffs with chip on shoulder we could make some noise.

Either way Wade wont be our HC next year.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
wade wont be here to my thinking,

i think jerry jones by thanksgiving game, say the cowboys are losing and out of playoffs, he might let wade go or wait till end of year

reason being, who would coach the defense, surely not stewart

so there is no great defensive mind to coach this defense

now what jerry might do is fire wade by thanksgiving or after it, then put garrett in a interim coach and see how he does

then if garrett falters, then jerry knows he has to go out, hire cowher or a really good coach,

what jerry might do is consult with jimmy johnson and see what he thinks

not hire jimmy because jimmy said he would never coach again, but let jimmy give him advice possibly on a good upcoming coach and go from there,

but yes either way, wade is gone after the end of this year,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
honestly i dont see us limping into the playoffs

when demarcus ware says wade gives us mondays off with tuesday, then somethign is wrong

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
poke;2395864 said:
Hey Gimme.......your fighting idiots of Farmers Branch cant seem to stay out of the news can they ?
the weekend news story about apartments not wanting to rent to those
with tattos, grillz, piercings and stuff was hilarious !

My Zone brotha: I trust that when you mention me and my fellow residents as the Fighting Idiots you are writing that with love in your heart . . . . We are proud of our little ol' town and we love to fight and rassle and stuff.
And i see nothing wrong with turning people away with tattoos, piercings and stuff.
What if there is a fire and someone is running and gets his or her piercings caught in a nail or something and is burned to a crip the way our secondary is burned? What if you awoke one day to a family of carneys living next door? Your property values will go down, that's what. And our property values have gone down far enough, thank you.

But if only the Cowboys would visit us (and I don't mean our main strip to buy um, performance drinks -- we would teach them what it is to fight and never throw in the trowel.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2396050 said:
My Zone brotha: I trust that when you mention me and my fellow residents as the Fighting Idiots you are writing that with love in your heart . . . . We are proud of our little ol' town and we love to fight and rassle and stuff.
And i see nothing wrong with turning people away with tattoos, piercings and stuff.
What if there is a fire and someone is running and gets his or her piercings caught in a nail or something and is burned to a crip the way our secondary is burned? What if you awoke one day to a family of carneys living next door? Your property values will go down, that's what. And our property values have gone down far enough, thank you.

But if only the Cowboys would visit us (and I don't mean our main strip to buy um, performance drinks -- we would teach them what it is to fight and never throw in the trowel.

Mr. Gimme......i only used the term "fighting idiots " as a term of endearment and even then only because its in your avatar....the idea that
the fine folks of FB are idiots never, ever, never crossed my mind.
(well maybe just once for just a fleeting second ) :D

zeromaster

Reaction score
If you fire Wade before the end of the season, it's running up the white flag. What a statement to make in the last year of Texas Stadium. Garrett and Stewart haven't demonstrated enough in the leadership or innovation department to make that much of an option. It *is* an option, to be sure, but it's change for its own sake.

Of course, some fans will be happy for the two or three days after it happens, but once the next game is played and there's no consistent improvement, it'll be back to business as usual here at Razor Blade Central. :D

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
OK, but just to make sure it was a friendly reference, I will pass this on to our Farmers Branch Geniusses Committee. We have two or three college graduates in town who monitor these things.

And I appreciate the kind words.:)

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I believe Wade Phillips is already gone.

I think we would have to do something similar to what the Giants did last year.

Hopefully Jerry Jones makes a huge push for Bill Cowher.