'The Evil Dead' to be remade

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2004/11/18/Arts/TheEvilDead041118.html

LOS ANGELES - The Evil Dead – the 1981 no-budget horror flick that launched the career of director Sam Raimi and made a sort-of star out of Bruce Campbell – is set to be remade.

Raimi will oversee the project as producer, but will not direct the new picture.

The cult hit, which spawned two sequels, tells the true story of five twentysomethings who are trapped in an isolated cabin.

They find a strange book of incantations, which leads to them being turned into murderous zombies.

It is famous for its gore and graphic violence, as well as a scene in which a female character is raped on the forest floor by the roots of a tree.

The film was a breakthrough for Raimi, who eventually went on to direct both Spider-man pictures.

According to some reports, Campbell will reprise his role as Ash, the film's sole survivor.

The film made Campbell – Raimi's childhood friend – into a minor celebrity, leading to a string of appearances in B movies.

"By keeping its original formula intact and given audiences' appetite for horror, we expect that we'll have a real hit on our hands," Joe Drake, an executive with Senator Intl., told Daily Variety.

Drake's company will finance the remake.

Raimi is reportedly looking for the right director to revive the franchise.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
No need for a remake... the original was great...

But then again Hollywood has run out of ideas and seems to remake most everything these days...

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
I have never been much for horror movies. I remember people talking about the original.

Speaking of horror movies.....the little lady and I went and saw "The Grudge" last weekend.........I wish I could have that hour and a half of my life back. It might possibly be the worst movie I've ever seen......ever.

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
Evil Dead 1 and 2 are two of the best horror movies I think I've ever seen . . .

They were just awesome . . .

I loved them.

trickblue

Reaction score
SoTex said:
I have never been much for horror movies. I remember people talking about the original.

Speaking of horror movies.....the little lady and I went and saw "The Grudge" last weekend.........I wish I could have that hour and a half of my life back. It might possibly be the worst movie I've ever seen......ever.

Haven't seen that one yet... I actually like horror movies...

Thanks for the review... although we all know your "best movie of all time":

gigli%20cover.jpg

:D

Midswat

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Haven't seen that one yet... I actually like horror movies...

gigli%20cover.jpg

Well the Ben and Jen connection was captivating . . .

trickblue

Reaction score
Midswat said:
Well the Ben and Jen connection was captivating . . .

Yes I miss the "Ben and Jen Channel"... never could get enough of their story... I only wish there had been more than 24 hours in a day while they lasted...

On a more positive note... I noticed that Ben is wearing a MUCH better hairpiece these days... kudos to you Ben... J-Lo was holding your hair back anyway....

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
trickblue said:

gigli%20cover.jpg

Well of course......have you seen the butt on Ben?
:eek: