The Exciting Thing: This team is still improving

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I liked what Jamie Dukes had to say on that segment. "The team is getting rid of the dumb mistakes". This is big and a reason we lost 2 or 3 more games than we needed to over the last, I don't know many years.

Tony Romo is still growing and still has upside. That is huge, since he's already playing well. The short passes to Barber, taking the checkdowns and what is there rather than forcing it, that is big. Recognizing the D and yelling at TO and getting chemistry with all his receivers is huge too. He is still learning and improving. Yikes.

We are getting TNew and Henry healthy at same time for first time.

Tank is in to help Ratliff and plug up the middle, even though it's done darn well without Ferg all things considered.

Ellis is feeling physically light years better, which is also helping his psyche. Spencer got great experience to start the year and is capable.

Stanback is seeing the field. I saw some speed. Worry about the injuries on him, but it's great they are putting some speed and new weapon on the field.

I liked the coaching wrinkle with 6 db's against Eagles. Might work on Manning and Favre as well since they scare you through the air more than many teams we have played this year. This shows coaching is still adjusting and not stubborn as it's been under Parcells (whom I still love). Predictability against the Cowboys is a bit of a thing of the past, this is a huge benefit.

Might this not be the most important game of year. Giants are biggest threat in NFC East. Our home field potential and playoff position depend on Division first. If we beat the Giants we have 2 games PLUS tie breaker against them. Pretty much over in NFC East. If Giants beat us, it's all tied up and a mistake game or two costs us.

I think we are better still. The Giants have played strong since after week 2. Interestingly they are 4 and 14 I read after the bye. Is that correct? If our oline plays well and keeps Strahan and Osi in check, I think this game is ours.

Biggest thing would be the continued trend of less dumb kill ourselves plays. Keep the penalties down. Keep the forcing the ball turnovers down. Just don't give up the big plays against Giants and I think our talent trumps them.

I think this is the key game for us in terms of record this year. Giants are the threat in our division and we have already beat them once. This is the next game in the growing process, putting away another divisional foe by sweeping them. On the road, after their bye week, would be a huge statement.

I like our momentum going in. Lets beat them up again! I want home field and a bye.
The only thing I still think missing is a healthy, speed intact Terry Glenn. I don't care if he only shakes the rust off in last 2 games of season, but I think this speed weapon, if he still has it, would push us into the elite levels! Can he still burst and cut like the Terry of old? Big question mark? Mixed reports on him, but I like that they are taking it real slow and giving him the best chance to be a playoff factor.

Larry

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1750825 said:
I liked the coaching wrinkle with 6 db's against Eagles.

We've done that many times in every game.

rlgiv

Reaction score
More pressure on the Giants than on us. They have allready lost to us once. Our record is better overall. In their house. We beat em the first time and although both teams have improved I think we are still the better team.

35 Cowboys

17 Giants

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LarryCanadian;1750825 said:
Lets beat them up again! I want home field and a bye.
That is called "the good old days." Time to revisit them!

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
Larry, I agree! I don't think we've seen the best of the 'Boys yet this season , and that should make the rest of the NFC shudder (as if they aren't already)!!
I like the Good Guys easily in this one:
Cowboys-31
Little G-women-14
:suxjints:

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
zrinkill;1750852 said:
My prediction is in my sig.

Giants can't score 31, they'll be lucky to get 21. Cowboys could very well get 38, because the Cowboys have superior speed.