The first King Kong trailer

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
This is a film I'm really looking forward to. I love the original King Kong and supposedly Jackson does too and tried to be as faithful as possible to the original film instead of some of the stories we saw in other remakes. If you're not familiar with it, this remake is made by the same team that brought you Lord of the Rings. (Peter Jackson and company) If you're watching War of the Worlds this weekend, you can also catch the trailer in front of that movie.

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=kingkong

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We really need Quentin Tarrintino (sp?) to write some more movies.....I am beginning to wonder if any one in Hollywood can make a big film without remaking an old movie or turning an old TV show into a movie.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
We really need Quentin Tarrintino (sp?) to write some more movies.....I am beginning to wonder if any one in Hollywood can make a big film without remaking an old movie or turning an old TV show into a movie.

I don't know if he's the best example because Tarantino remakes scenes or pays homage to several films from the 70's, it's just most of them weren't that well known. I'll give you that he's a damn creative writer.

I am behind you 100% on Hollywood's addiction to remakes, but King Kong and War of the Worlds are two remakes that I can tolerate. One, if you're going to remake a film, pick one that could really benefit from today's technology. (Even the 70's King Kong remake will look stone age compard to this one.) And two, don't bother remaking it unless you've signed up one of the betters directors in today's film industry because there's no use going for another attempt if you don't have the talent behind it to make it more enjoyable than the original version.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

And people wonder why Hollywood is in it's biggest and most sustained slump in history.