The FS/CB Sleeper: DeAngelo Willingham

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2008/11/24/669101/2008-senior-day-tribute-de

Teams are viewing him as a FS. He looked real good in his positions drills and should have been invited to the combine. Willingham was a 4 star recruit and an ESPN top 100 player.

This guy was a solid CB for the Vols for two years. I only saw him have one bad game in 2008. He had a real good 2007 and got better in 2008. Again, he was real solid, and you could depend on him. Julio Jones got him pretty good in the Alabama game, but that was about it. This guy will hit you and supports the run good. The team played him off too much, imo. He is 5-11, 217 and runs a 4.46. He's big and has long arms. He is physical. He isn't under the radar anymore. I knew he had a great pro day. I always wondered why he wasn't getting any attention. You can't get the attention if they don't let you play in All-Star games, ect... I was thinking about Jarius Bryd and remembered Willingham. Bryd's speed concerns me. I bet the Cowboys will look to draft a FS/CB player.

Teams showing interest:

Miami
Detroit
Phladelphia
Jacksonville
Cleveland
Bengals
Tampa Bay

The Eagles and Lions worked him out.

Dallas will draft 2 safeties in this draft, imo. Willingham would give you a player to develop at FS and give you depth at CB.

There are more up and coming DBs at Tennessee. The team is loaded at DB.