The future belongs to Jacksonville

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Because of all the dead money we’re shedding from last year and this year plus the FA losses, there’s a report Eagles will end up with something like 70m$ in cap space and 12 picks after all the comps in 2024.

That’s gonna be fun with Howie at the wheel

ESisback

Reaction score
And both of those have to be used on defense. They’ve lost both starting safeties, two starting linebackers and their starting 3-tech.
Their 2023 schedule will be harder than 2022. Plus, they lost their DC and OC. Dallas will be better in 2023.

DZSierra

Reaction score
Because of all the dead money we’re shedding from last year and this year plus the FA losses, there’s a report Eagles will end up with something like 70m$ in cap space and 12 picks after all the comps in 2024.

That’s gonna be fun with Howie at the wheel
I'm not certain if Howie is that good, or he just tries to minimize his mistakes. Because he hasn't done anything stupid (and has had success), he looks pretty smart LOL

If only Jerry could have someone running his show that he could trust that didn't have the same last name as himself.

I can only speak for myself, but with Jerry, you can't help but wonder when he's going to do something stupid player wise and he can just let his players play without having some of the distractions he is known for throwing into the mix.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I'm not certain if Howie is that good, or he just tries to minimize his mistakes. Because he hasn't done anything stupid (and has had success), he looks pretty smart LOL
maybe from a certain point of view, that’s the primary attribute of a good GM. What teams have done really stupid stuff lately? Arizona, Cleveland, Houston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Denver.

What are the unintelligent things KC has done? Perhaps they simply lucked into Mahomes, but once they got him they kept the ship from sprouting holes. They’re not necessarily drafting wizards since then, but they have no really bad contracts they’re trying to dump every year. That’s a quality in and of itself

gtb1943

Reaction score
maybe from a certain point of view, that’s the primary attribute of a good GM. What teams have done really stupid stuff lately? Arizona, Cleveland, Houston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Denver.

What are the unintelligent things KC has done? Perhaps they simply lucked into Mahomes, but once they got him they kept the ship from sprouting holes. They’re not necessarily drafting wizards since then, but they have no really bad contracts they’re trying to dump every year. That’s a quality in and of itself
KC understand that Mahoomes is their TB. And are doing their best to take advantage of him being there. So far it is working pretty good. 3 SBs and two wins.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
As much as I like what the Cowboys are doing this off-season, if I had to pick one team right now where the future looks super-bright, I'd have to pick Jacksonville. Who would you pick?
I like the jags, was rooting for them last season.
They could be up and coming, if they can do as good as last season again.
They won a lot of games that maybe they shouldnt have, so curious to see if they can do good again this season.

Detroit and NYG come to mind as teams that may be good this season as well. Have to wait and see if they can do same or better.
Miami, Chargers also .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
KC understand that Mahoomes is their TB. And are doing their best to take advantage of him being there. So far it is working pretty good. 3 SBs and two wins.
yes and they got mahomes to sign a 10 year deal which was team friendly , even though amount was huge,
Mahomes at 50 mil a year on a 10 year deal is way better than 2 or 3 contracts where he would have got way more than 50.
Rodgers @ 50 mil is too much, and dak maybe 50 next year or whenever they extend him. and neither one is anywhere near mahomes.

They traded hill, which I thought was a mistake, and made do without him, and got a bunch of picks for hill, and still won the SB with no hill.

They also traded up to get hill ? and took him at 10 so I think someone saw his potential before the draft.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I like the jags, was rooting for them last season.
They could be up and coming, if they can do as good as last season again.
They won a lot of games that maybe they shouldnt have, so curious to see if they can do good again this season.

Detroit and NYG come to mind as teams that may be good this season as well. Have to wait and see if they can do same or better.
Miami, Chargers also .
I agree! I could see all of those teams make the playoffs.