The George S. Halas Trophy

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Leave your biases/egos at the door ...

For those of you who didn't know, ...the George S. Halas Trophy is NFC Championship Trophy. Tomorrow, the Eagles will play for the NFC Championship against the Atlanta Falcons. I know that many of you have deep seeded feelings against the Eagles; but I also know that some of you are pulling for us also.

For those who say the Eagles will choke, or can't go to the next level -- get ready to be wrong! Whatever you'd like to say, there's one thing you can't say, and that is we don't have a very good chance of getting the Halas Trophy!

Atlanta is a good team, but I don't believe Vick is a strong enough leader to take his team past the Eagles. The Falcons know very well that it will take a complete effort to compete against an Eagles team that has already defeated them once.

The falcons will need more than "DVD" or Dunn, Vick, and Duckett, to stop "MWM" or McNabb, Westbrook, and Mitchell from getting to the SBCG!

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

For those of you who didn't know, ...the George S. Halas Trophy is NFC Championship Trophy. Tomorrow, the Eagles will play for the NFC Championship against the Atlanta Falcons. I know that many of you have deep seeded feelings against the Eagles; but I also know that some of you are pulling for us also.

For those who say the Eagles will choke, or can't go to the next level -- get ready to be wrong! Whatever you'd like to say, there's one thing you can't say, and that is we don't have a very good chance of getting the Halas Trophy!

Atlanta is a good team, but I don't believe Vick is a strong enough leader to take his team past the Eagles. The Falcons know very well that it will take a complete effort to compete against an Eagles team that has already defeated them once.

The falcons will need more than "DVD" or Dunn, Vick, and Duckett, to stop "MWM" or McNabb, Westbrook, and Mitchell from getting to the SBCG!

yawn...who cares...tomorrow's 3pm game is only to decide who gets the opportunity to get mauled in the super bowl anyway...niether of the NFC Teams has much of a chance vs either of the AFC teams, unless either NE or Pitt just comes out and plays horribly

David

Roughneck

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

I think I saw one guy who said he was pulling for Philthy because his girlfriend likes them and he wants to get some later that night. That's the only one I remember though.

For those who say the Eagles will choke, or can't go to the next level -- get ready to be wrong!
I've said it for the past 3 years and have looked damn smart (along with many others) in doing so. I think I'll stick with what has worked for me so far, choker.

Atlanta is a good team, but I don't believe Vick is a strong enough leader to take his team past the Eagles.
Just like Delhomme last year, right?
The Falcons know very well that it will take a complete effort to compete against an Eagles team that has already defeated them once.
Huh?

Actually, it's the other way around. Philthy is going to need a lot more than Donny, Westbrook, and Mitchell to stop Vick & Company from stomping the **** out of y'all tomorrow.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There isn't a scale small enough to measure how little I care.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

Just be prepaired, however, when your team does lose for the 4th straight year and all you Eagle fans finally have enough. I predict mass suicides and the like, so whatever you do, hide the guns and knives BEFORE the game so that you are not tempted to end it all. I think you guys are underestimating the Falcons and that will be your downfall. :iggles: :iggles: :iggles:

Jersey

Reaction score
Screw all the lovie dovie crap. I hope the get drilled. Both on the scoreboard and physically. Nothing would be better that hearing the splash and gunshot of the worst fans in the world killing themselves. When you act like moron's you get treated like moron's. NEVER means NEVER!

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Maybe I should have said leave your weapons at the door ...:eek:

Perhaps I should not have attempted to give an Eagles perspective of the game. What did you expect? I certainly expected many of you to disagree with my opinion.

Look, You must be foolish to think I'm here to match word games with you, I just want to give an Eagles perspective -- thought that mioght be refreshing to some of you lot -- didn't think you'd take pot shots because I'm an Eagles fan who, of all things, wants my team to win!

So, for those who want to talk football, it's quite alright to disagree, just give me something other than your personal hatred and bias. Here's what I have ...

Falcons 2004 Regular Season Schedule

SUN 9/12
4:15 p.m ET
FOX-TV

(national)
49ers.gif

SAN FRANCISCO 19

3Com Park
San Francisco, CA
Not a very impressive win!

SUN 9/19
1 p.m. ET
FOX-TV
rams.gif

ST. LOUIS 17

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Convincing win!

SUN 9/26
1 p.m. ET

FOX-TV
cardinals.gif

ARIZONA 3

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Tweaked the win!

SUN 10/3
4:05 p.m. ET

FOX-TV
panthers.gif

CAROLINA 10

Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte, NC
Impressive win!

SUN 10/10
1 p.m. ET

FOX-TV
lions.gif

DETROIT 17

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Loss to a good team!

SUN 10/17
1 p.m. ET

CBS-TV
chargers.gif

SAN DIEGO 20

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Tweaked a win from a very good team!

SUN 10/24
1 p.m. ET

FOX-TV
chiefs.gif

KANSAS CITY 56

Arrowhead Stadium
Kansas City, MO
Got their butts spanked!

SUN 10/31
FOX-TV
broncos.gif

DENVER 28

INVESCO Field at Mile High
Denver, CO
Nice victory!

SUN 11/7
BYE WEEK

SUN 11/14
1 p.m. ET

FOX-TV
buccaneers.gif

TAMPA BAY 14

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Nice victory!

SUN 11/21
4:15 p.m. ET
FOX-TV

(national)
giants.gif

NEW YORK GIANTS 10

Giants Stadium
E. Rutherford, NJ
Nice win Over an NFC East Team!

SUN 11/28

FOX-TV
saints.gif

NEW ORLEANS 21

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Good win -- tweaker!

SUN 12/5
1 p.m. ET

FOX-TV
buccaneers.gif

TAMPA BAY 27

Raymond James Stadium
Tampa, FL
Tampa Bay shuts them out!

SUN 12/12
1 :00 p.m. ET

CBS -TV
raiders.gif

OAKLAND 10

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Good win!

SAT 12/18
8:30 p.m. ET
ESPN-TV

(national)
panthers.gif

CAROLINA 31 (OT)

Georgia Dome
Atlanta, GA
Convincing win.SUN 12/26
1: p.m. ET

FOX-TV
saints.gif

NEW ORLEANS 26

Superdome
New Orleans, LA
Convincing Loss.SUN 1/2

FOX-TV
seahawks.gif

SEATTLE 28

Seahawks Stadium
Seattle, WA

Loss to the Seahawks.

The toughest Team the falcons faced were the Chiefs, the Seahawks and the Chargers.

Here's the toughest teams the Eagles played ...

The Pittsburgh Steelers (possible SB contenders)
The Green Bay Packers (at Lanbaugh Field)
The Minnesota Vikings (Playoff team)
The Ravens (no joke of a team)
The Browns

Special Mention:

The Cowboys (played tough)
The Commanders (played tough)

Here's the point ...until now, the Falcons haven't played any of the "big boys." I think the Eagles offensive line will hold like the wall of Troy! And the Eagles defense will cut through the Falcons lines like a hot kife through butter! ;)

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Trivia Corner

Many of you already know who Lombardi was -- You associate Lombardi with the SB!

But, do you know who George Halas was?

George "Papa Bear" Halas was the first coach of the Chicago Bears professional football team, having brought the team from Decatur Illinois to Chicago in 1922. Halas was co-owner of the team, and player-coach from 1922-1929, then coach from 1933-1942. He entered the Navy in 1942, during World War II, then returned to the Bears as coach from 1946-1956, then 1958-1967 - a total of 40 years.

He can also be associated with the NCF Championshiip!

Roughneck

Reaction score
Since I'm sure Talon will be making his way here rather shortly, I'll just get this out of the way now.

Congratulations.

Congratulations to finally not choking in a Big Game.

Congratulations to making your Second Super Bowl in your entire Franchise's history.

Congratulations to stepping up and being the NFC representative that gets killed in the Super Bowl.

Congratulations.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Congratulations ...
Thank you sir! This was a very special victory for us. I believe getting past the NFC ChampionsHip hump was our greatest obstacle.

Thanks Roughneck. Classy gesture.