News: The Gloat: Dallas Cowboys Dominate Bengals

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Gloat: Dallas Cowboys Dominate Bengals
http://cowboyszone.com/2016/10/the-gloat-dallas-cowboys-dominate-bengals.html

...Perhaps even more extraordinary, though, was the defensive effort by the Cowboys. It was a week where they must have heard all the talk about how good the Bengals’ defensive line was, yet not much was spoken about Rod Marinelli’s guys up front. However, it was the Dallas defensive line who proved to be the better unit on the day.

The Cowboys racked up four sacks of Andy Dalton, almost matching their total coming into the game. Their defensive line put consistent pressure on Dalton and forced him to throw or escape the pocket quicker than he wanted. Three of the sacks came from the tackle position, but DeMarcus Lawrence and Tyrone Crawford harassed the quarterback all game long.

It was also a very good day for the secondary, who held A.J. Green to a measly four catches, most of which came in garbage time. Brandon Carr, Byron Jones and Morris Claiborne all had big pass breakups and Marinelli’s strategy to play more zone helped keep Cincinnati’s passing game in check.

The Dallas Cowboys got a win that will make the league take notice; it can no longer be said they haven’t beaten anyone...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Cowboys didn't stand a chance against big, bad Cincy.

9hk5zj

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
And to think that was supposed to be the test of all tests -- oops, maybe I'd better cool my jets with Green Bay on the horizon! :eek:

CCBoy

Reaction score
And to think that was supposed to be the test of all tests -- oops, maybe I'd better cool my jets with Green Bay on the horizon! :eek:

The Richter scale was still measuring a team that journeyed to five straight playoffs...

drawandstrike

Reaction score
Cincy had the 9th rated defense in the NFL coming into this game with Dallas. Plenty of people said this was going to be a 'real test' of our offense.

It was 28-0 at the start of the 4th quarter.