CFZ The Gone But Not Forgotten Cowboys' Players and Personnel from 2023

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I want to start out with the under-appreciated guys, who show up, successfully, to do their jobs, and get almost no glory. Micah was talking about it recently.

Let's start with the long-snapper, Jake McQuade. You always had a role for him. But I agree with what someone else said, why not have a lineman as a long-snapper?
The thing is . . . long-snappers are specialty players more so than a center. Although I do believe some centers can be good long-snappers as well as centers. It depends on the player and their trajectory. A few have always played the same position.

Next up for me is Anthony Brown. That guy is a baller. If he can come back from his torn ACL, he'll have a nice career in the NFL. The guy is savvy mentally. He may not ever be a number 1, but I can see him as a veteran presence for a team down the line.

Noah Brown, because he wasn't the guy who needed all the glory. Just wanted a role.

Lastly, Dalton Schultz, for putting in the work to become a pro player when you weren't really on the level as a rookie.

And Kellen Moore for actually giving us something different than the same ole Garrett play-book.

I'm looking forward to a new era, new guys, new season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I want to start out with the under-appreciated guys, who show up, successfully, to do their jobs, and get almost no glory. Micah was talking about it recently.

Let's start with the long-snapper, Jake McQuade. You always had a role for him. But I agree with what someone else said, why not have a lineman as a long-snapper?
The thing is . . . long-snappers are specialty players more so than a center. Although I do believe some centers can be good long-snappers as well as centers. It depends on the player and their trajectory. A few have always played the same position.

Next up for me is Anthony Brown. That guy is a baller. If he can come back from his torn ACL, he'll have a nice career in the NFL. The guy is savvy mentally. He may not ever be a number 1, but I can see him as a veteran presence for a team down the line.

Noah Brown, because he wasn't the guy who needed all the glory. Just wanted a role.

Lastly, Dalton Schultz, for putting in the work to become a pro player when you weren't really on the level as a rookie.

And Kellen Moore for actually giving us something different than the same ole Garrett play-book.

Let's also give some love to Rowdy, our emotional leader who's putting in the work.

GMO415

Reaction score

Dalton Schultz was "business decision" guy. You noticed the bum didn't play the entire time Rush was the QB. He only decided to return when Dak was back.

Glad that cancer is gone.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Dalton Schultz was "business decision" guy. You noticed the bum didn't play the entire time Rush was the QB. He only decided to return when Dak was back.

Glad that cancer is gone.
great post. Take that Olivia newton john sweatband somewhere else.

Carson

Reaction score
Brown is still working out in Dallas at the facilities. He will likely be re-signed by us or towards the playoffs by a team depleted with depth.

Aven8

Reaction score
Brown is still working out in Dallas at the facilities. He will likely be re-signed by us or towards the playoffs by a team depleted with depth.
I thought he signed with the Texans as well?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out Anthony Brown returning at some point this season, especially if the injury bug hits, assuming he recovers from the achilles.

His experience in the system makes him more valuable than street FAs, and it's not as if he's going to command more than vet min anywhere.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
You mean Anthony?

Noah is in Houston with Schutlz.