The Good News

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
There was a lot of it:

• We won, obviously. The win puts us closer to the playoffs, closer to the divisional win, closer to a potential bye. It made us 5-3 on the road for the year. The win kept us from what would have been our first two-game losing streak. The win helped us bounce back from and hopefully get past the brutal loss to New Orleans.
  • We came back and won a close one -- that's good experience and evidence of our ability to do something in the playoffs.
  • We beat a decent team fighting to make the playoffs in their building. That's a quality win.
  • Our offense was damn near great.
  • Grammatica's FG was a great kick and great news.
  • Romo came back from a poor game, played great, and spread it around. The latter is what's going to give opposing defensive coordinators fits going forward.
  • Our clock management in the fourth quarter was a thing of beauty.
  • Our D played well in the 4th when we really needed it.
  • Ware was great again.
  • Watkins showed promise.
  • Carpenter showed promise.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I am not so sure about Watkins. But pretty much everything else I agree on.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
burmafrd;1239459 said:
I am not so sure about Watkins. But pretty much everything else I agree on.
Yeah, the jury's way out. I think it was the first game where he's had a couple noticeably good plays.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
I did notice Carpenter a few times. He does seem to get near the QB some when he rushes. That's more than I can say for some others.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan;1239485 said:
Is Demarcus Ware going to the Pro Bowl?
In the NFC Ware is #2 in sacks, #28 in tackles, #32 in total tackles amoung all LB's. The sacks might get him in but I don't think it is a sure thing.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
The defense is very concerning, can we please cover the opposing teams fullback in the read zone please!!!!!

I'll never been unhappy with a victory. Last week was bad enough, we needed this one bad.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ashwynn;1239604 said:
The bad news : el dorado is still on our team.

Would you rather have him been on the Falcons last night as open as they were getting, and Vick throwing him the ball?

Who are you, Gallowaste?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1239452 said:
There was a lot of it:

• We won, obviously. The win puts us closer to the playoffs, closer to the divisional win, closer to a potential bye. It made us 5-3 on the road for the year. The win kept us from what would have been our first two-game losing streak. The win helped us bounce back from and hopefully get past the brutal loss to New Orleans.
  • We came back and won a close one -- that's good experience and evidence of our ability to do something in the playoffs.
  • We beat a decent team fighting to make the playoffs in their building. That's a quality win.
  • Our offense was damn near great.
  • Grammatica's FG was a great kick and great news.
  • Romo came back from a poor game, played great, and spread it around. The latter is what's going to give opposing defensive coordinators fits going forward.
  • Our clock management in the fourth quarter was a thing of beauty.
  • Our D played well in the 4th when we really needed it.
  • Ware was great again.
  • Watkins showed promise.
  • Carpenter showed promise.

The thing I have noticed about Gramatica's kicks, including the 48 yarder last night, is that they would be good from the mid 50 yard range with ease. I really believe he will be a great pick up for us!

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1239562 said:
In the NFC Ware is #2 in sacks, #28 in tackles, #32 in total tackles amoung all LB's. The sacks might get him in but I don't think it is a sure thing.
Fortunately, it won't come down to the tackles, assists, and stats in general. It'll come down to Ware being a football household name, highlight reels, etc.

He'll make it.

NorTex

Reaction score

He also leads the NFC in TD's and Forced fumbles.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

If the two TDs on national TV dont get him in, nothing will...

Grammatica's FG was a great kick and great news.

doesnt say much for our kicking the last few years when this is one of the highlights...