The good, the bad, the ugly, and next week

CoachD

Reaction score
-The Good
*CD Lamb played his best game so far this year at least someone wanted to win
*The comeback attempt that actually had a chance but got the same results when they played Baltimore NOPE
*The Cowboys are looking at a top 5 pick in next year's draft
-The Bad
*The Cowboys
*The special teams looked awful
*Mike McCarthy is so bad at calling plays and I mean bad
*The schedule looks really bad and they could easily go on a 6 game losing steak
*That's 4 straight losses to the 49er's
*Like I said two weeks ago Dak Prescott is a turnover making machine
*Oh and the Cowboys no longer know how to force any turnovers
*Not sure why the refs picked up the flag on the pick play it was an obvious OPI
-The Ugly
*That third quarter was very hard to watch the 49ers did whatever they wanted just like every other team when they play the Cowboys
*Cowboys coaching, no help for Steele against Bosa horrible game plan
*The Cowboys ran the ball pretty decent in the first half but the pass happy McCarthy totally abandoned it in the second half
*Zero pass rush and I mean zero from the D lineman, Purdy did whatever he wanted back there
*Kittle was open way too many times and Guerrero (The Cowboys should have drafted that kid) it right down the Cowboy's throat
-Next Week
Nope it doesn't get any easier next week against the Falcons so look for more of the same frustration and another blowout loss

Aven8

Reaction score
-The Good
*The comeback attempt that actually had a chance but got the same results when they played Baltimore NOPE
-The Bad
*The Cowboys
*The schedule looks really bad and they could easily go on a 6 game losing steak
*Not sure why the refs picked up the flag on the pick play it was an obvious OPI
-The Ugly
*That third quarter was very hard to watch the 49ers did whatever they wanted just like every other team when they play the Cowboys
*The Cowboys ran the ball pretty decent in the first half but the pass happy McCarthy totally abandoned it in the second half
*Zero pass rush and I mean zero from the D lineman, Purdy did whatever he wanted back there
*Kittle was open way too many times and Guerrero (The Cowboys should have drafted that kid) it right down the Cowboy's throat
-Next Week
Nope it doesn't get any easier next week against the Falcons so look for more of the same frustration and another blowout loss
SF used our 4th rounder on Guerendo from the Lance trade. You can’t make this up! Lol

baltcowboy

Reaction score
-The Good
-The Bad
*The Cowboys
-The Ugly
-Next Week
The ugly news is the Cowboys might still win enough games to screw up draft position. They have absolutely no chance to do anything in the playoffs. I would let Bland/Parsons sit the rest of the season. Diggs/Gholston actually showed some heart this game is a positive.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
You forgot to add to the good column that the Jones' were all ok after their horrific 5 MPH crash with the concrete barrier next to the stadium.

rambo2

Reaction score
-The Good
-The Bad
*The Cowboys
-The Ugly
-Next Week
Top 5 pick? How?

Creeper

Reaction score
I have to admit I overestimated the ability of some our our Cowboys players. Donovan Wilson is so inconsistent this year and a huge liability. In fact, our safety play in general has been poor. Poor tackling, poor coverage. Just poor all around. I was remined of this when Dak was picked off on that long pass. Notice how the 49ers safety came over to take help with the coverage. You rarely see that from the Cowboys safeties. Maybe because opposing QBs see where the safeties are and throw away from them? Or maybe our safeties are too slow to see the play and too slow to get over.

Wilson could not cover Kittle last night. Maybe they should have tried someone else in coverage?

I overestimated the OL. I thought they would struggle early as the two rookies get thrown into the pool. But these 5 guys are just awful and I include Zack Martin. No one gets any movement and no one wins consistently. Every play Dak is seeing someone come loose in his face. Every run plays looks like a car crash. Zeke got some yards by bulling his way through defenders otherwise there is nothing to run through.

Our LBs are so inconsistent too. Too often they are in the wrong place. Overshown plays with his hair on fire but he is still learning. Kendricks can't cover my grandmother. Offenses are getting mismatches with him and it is costing the Cowboys defense. On one play, SF had Deebo running down field and Kendricks was trailing him helplessly.

At some point we have to face the simple fact we lack the talent to win.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree except we should not have ran the ball more...
We really need to try out a spread/hurry up and sling the ball more. The current offensive scheme and play calling is not working.