The guessing game

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Guessing the 1st rd pick.

Knowing the philosophy of the F.O. I would guess pick no 19 will be one of the 3 positions.

1. OG - Fits need and desire to have the 1st rd pick be a day 1 starter. I can live with this but I think it could be accomplished after trading back and acquiring another 3rd rd pick.

2. 3 Tech DT - The team is infatuated with this position and it could be a pro-active move to prepare for a David Irving departure. I think he gets tendered and ends up staying here this year but if they franchise tag Lawrence this year it is unlikely they can re-sign Lawrence, Irving and Dak next offseason. Yikes. I would deal with this by trying to sign Irving to a longer term deal now while he is somewhat affordable.

3. WR - I personally would try everything to get Dez to take a pay cut including threatening to trade him to Cleveland. I think he can still be effective and while not a clear no 1 receiver as part of a tandem 1a/1b receiving duo, he can still be a threat. If they do move on from him then WR becomes a glaring need.

If you forced me to guess the position and player Dallas will draft in the 1st rd it would be Hurst DT. I don't like the pick personally but that would be my guess.

cowboyec

Reaction score
unless Derwin James,Roquon Smith or Marcus Davenport drops.....my mini-board guess is:
DT-Maurice Hurst,Michigan
OG-Isaiah Wynn,Georgia
OG-Billy Price,Ohio St
OG-James Daniels,Iowa
S-Ronnie Harrison,Alabama

the pick....Isaiah Wynn,Georgia