The hate against Tony Romo, Jason Garrett, and our offense

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
percyhoward;2522642 said:
Name one team that has come out throwing and beaten the Ravens.
The Colts. They scored on a 67 yarder to Harrison and a 22 yarder to Wayne to lead 17-0 after 1st and won 31-3.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2522990 said:
The Colts. They scored on a 67 yarder to Harrison and a 22 yarder to Wayne to lead 17-0 after 1st and won 31-3.

They ran a balanced offense...Check the run/pass numbers.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
5Countem5;2522995 said:
They ran a balanced offense...Check the run/pass numbers.
To elaborate, of the Colts' first 14 plays, 7 were passes and 7 were runs.

And they got a total of 13 yards on those 7 runs, so they could have abandoned the run, but they didn't. They realized they couldn't, because their OC Tom Moore knew that balance was going to be the key, and that it wouldn't matter how well they ran, but how often. And the Colts have a halfway decent quarterback, too.

We abandon the run, even when it's working.

Because Tom Moore has been coaching for 45 years, and Jason Garrett hasn't been alive that long.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
percyhoward;2523174 said:
To elaborate, of the Colts' first 14 plays, 7 were passes and 7 were runs.

And they got a total of 13 yards on those 7 runs, so they could have abandoned the run, but they didn't. They realized they couldn't, because their OC Tom Moore knew that balance was going to be the key, and that it wouldn't matter how well they ran, but how often. And the Colts have a halfway decent quarterback, too.

We abandon the run, even when it's working.

Because Tom Moore has been coaching for 45 years, and Jason Garrett hasn't been alive that long.

:hammer:... I'll never understand that but it's true... crazy but true..

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Problem with the Dallas offense has been Romo and Jason Garrett.

We are always looking for the big plays and not enough short and intermediate passes.

We take too long to warm up. Why is it that our offense this year takes till the 4th quarter to get going?

Not enough play action pass, roll outs, screens and too much reliance on the delay draw in shotgun formation.

Running the ball is not the problem. But we run when its first down and up the gut when the defense is waiting for us to run the ball.

Too many penalties like false starts, etc.

And the main reason why our offense has done badly this year is because of Garrett's playcalling.

He runs a very simpleton offense. He doesn't utilize Romo's strength which is his improvising and scrambling abilities for big plays.

He wants Romo to sit in the pocket just like Bledsoe and Brady does. Thats why teams are blitzing us hard and Romo isn't getting away.

Garrett is turning Romo into a pocket passer. This is what upsets me. We need to go back to what are strengths are. Look to last year and follow that same course of action. Don't make Romo be a pocket passer.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
5Countem5;2522944 said:
So in your whine - world, you do not see a situation in which another team comes into Texas Stadium and wins a game because they play a better game, over their heads, and simply just had their s*** together better on that day and won?

That situation, to you, would still be Dallas sucking and blowing it?
Too many people do think this, and I think it's because they bought into this crazy notion that we have SO much more talent than other teams do.

I've never seen any basis for that other than all the Pro Bowlers we had last year. But we all know making the Pro Bowl isn't a good indicator of how superior a player is. Having a bunch of Pro Bowlers comes fromfrom winning much more than vice-versa.

The talent is incredibly equal in today's NFL, and every team is trying to win just as much as we are. I really believe some people think we are entitled to win more because we have a blue star on our hat, but it isn't so.

And then some people just like to gripe.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2522944 said:
So in your whine - world, you do not see a situation in which another team comes into Texas Stadium and wins a game because they play a better game, over their heads, and simply just had their s*** together better on that day and won?

That situation, to you, would still be Dallas sucking and blowing it?

LOL...... You're pathetic :lmao2:

And that's what happened on Saturday?

Or did we have missed assigments, stupid INT's and missed tackles at the end to lose the game?

It's too easy making you look silly.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2523350 said:
Too many people do think this, and I think it's because they bought into this crazy notion that we have SO much more talent than other teams do.

I've never seen any basis for that other than all the Pro Bowlers we had last year. But we all know making the Pro Bowl isn't a good indicator of how superior a player is. Having a bunch of Pro Bowlers comes fromfrom winning much more than vice-versa.

The talent is incredibly equal in today's NFL, and every team is trying to win just as much as we are. I really believe some people think we are entitled to win more because we have a blue star on our hat, but it isn't so.

And then some people just like to gripe.

Other than the idea that we had 13 Pro Bowlers and 13 wins last season I can't see how we thought we were going to be very talanted this year either, lol.

How many other teams roll out a top 5 QB, TE and WR on offense every week?

Not to mention an offensive line that has had 4 of the 5 starters playing together for the last 32 games.

Come on already. You guys are starting to sound like Wade.

And let's talk about who Wade is.

So far he's a guy who is known as a very good D Cor who can't cut it as a HC and has never won a playoff game.

Why would anyone think his way of thinking is that of a champion?

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2522425 said:
I get the point you are trying to make.

But it's more an excuse than anything IMO.

The Panthers put up points on the Giants defense.

The Titans put up points on the Steelers.

And we put up 24 points on the Ravens which should be enough to win an NFL game.

And if we are following the logic about playing good defenses they we shouldn't even go to Philly because their defense is ranked 3rd in the league right now.

More than 95% of the teams in this league don't boast the firepower we have on offense. This unit is underachieving and if they don't wake up there will be no playoff games come January.

Very well put. The criticism is warranted on all fronts. Garret has to gameplan better with the talent that he has and Romo must make better decisions with the football. Great defenses make you pay dearly for basic offense and for floating passes down the field.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
5Countem5;2522977 said:
No, that's not even close...

Let me ask you, Count, is it possible for a team to lose- without sucking? Or is every loss, by every team come down to sucking?

Obviously, but you're arguing verbage. Someone saying "sucked" could just mean they think the team played badly, whether it be for a particular stretch or the whole game. It's one thing to play a clean game and lose and another to turn the ball over, fail to execute, etc.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2523594 said:
Other than the idea that we had 13 Pro Bowlers and 13 wins last season I can't see how we thought we were going to be very talanted this year either, lol.

How many other teams roll out a top 5 QB, TE and WR on offense every week?

Not to mention an offensive line that has had 4 of the 5 starters playing together for the last 32 games.

Come on already. You guys are starting to sound like Wade.

And let's talk about who Wade is.

So far he's a guy who is known as a very good D Cor who can't cut it as a HC and has never won a playoff game.

Why would anyone think his way of thinking is that of a champion?
We could be the Packers, who were also 13-3 last year. Or the Jags, who had a breakout year and beat the Steelers in Pitt last year in the playoffs.

Stuff like that happens every year. It happened to the Saints and Chargers lately, too. Having a good year the year before means next to nothing.

I know we have a lot of talent, but I just don't think it's that overwhelmingly better than other teams like some think.

And BTW, not sure Romo has been playing like a top-5 QB lately, either. I'm a Tony defender, but IMO top-5 QBs don't turn the ball over in tight games like he has.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
5Countem5;2522550 said:
No what he is saying is that you people seem to forget that there are other teams in a game. Teams of professionals who want to win too. Sometimes those teams possess great defenses and play better on a given day.

Each loss doesn't mean someone on Dallas' team sucks and needs to be fired/cut. I mean, at least to people over age 7.

Except for us, "a given day" means "gamedays late in the season and/or in the playoffs".

Im sorry you find that acceptable. I do not.