Video: The Herd: Can the Cowboys defense carry them?

Pants

Reaction score
That picture at the bottom of the video with the 4 players....two are offensive players, one of which is suspended and there is no Sean Lee in the picture when the premise of the piece is can the defense carry them to the SB....

Note: thanx for sharing the video, I kinda agree with what he said

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes the defense can help but Dak will be there reason we succeed the next 6 games. People can't give Dak credit.

It's Dak can't succeed without Zeke, now it will be will Dak is only succeeding cause of his defense..........

EaglesFan1

Reaction score
Is Dallas going to be able to keep everyone signed? I thinks teams should get a discount on their cap if they sign their own FA's. Dallas is getting penalized for drafting great. Litteraly looks like this...
2017 Lawrence UFA and might win DPOY (60+ million)
2018 Zach Martin best guard in NFL (60 + million)
2018 Irving up and coming (10's of millions)
2019 Dak 125+ million
2020 Zeek 75+ million
2020 Sean Lee

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Is Dallas going to be able to keep everyone signed? I thinks teams she get a discount on their cap if they sign their own FA's. Dallas is getting penalized for drafting great. Litteraly looks like this...
2018 Irving up and coming
2019 Dark 125+ million
2020 Zeek 75+ million
2020 Sean Lee

The Zack Martin deal will be structured so the Cowboys can convert his base salary into a signing bonus to lessen his cap hit. The Cowboys already did deals like that with Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick. They also have other contracts (Jason Witten's for sure) they can mess around with to open more cap space.

It will be tricky, but Dallas will find a way. Lawrence will play on the tag next year and they still have time to get everybody else locked up. By the time Dak's contract comes up (2019) I doubt Dez Bryant is still here. They will have a ton of cap space then.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Dallas going to be able to keep everyone signed? I thinks teams should get a discount on their cap if they sign their own FA's. Dallas is getting penalized for drafting great. Litteraly looks like this...
2019 Dak 125+ million
2020 Zeek 75+ million
2020 Sean Lee

I seriously doubt the Cowboys resign or extend Elliott for that kind of cash... Not that much for a running back.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
2019 Dak 125+ million
2020 Zeek 75+ million
2020 Sean Lee
I actually agree with this. Teams that draft well shouldn't be forced to lose their players because of the cap. Have something similar to the NBA.

Teams like the Browns get top 5 picks every year but still has plenty of cap space cause their picks never pan out. Much harder to hit on talent later in drafts then at the top of drafts

Aven8

Reaction score
If they can't get TO's and give the O short fields that will help a lot.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Zack Martin deal will be structured so the Cowboys can convert his base salary into a signing bonus to lessen his cap hit. The Cowboys already did deals like that with Tyron Smith and Travis Frederick. They also have other contracts (Jason Witten's for sure) they can mess around with to open more cap space.

It will be tricky, but Dallas will find a way. Lawrence will play on the tag next year and they still have time to get everybody else locked up. By the time Dak's contract comes up (2019) I doubt Dez Bryant is still here. They will have a ton of cap space then.
also Romo dead money comes off the books after 2018

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Over this 3 game winning streak, since we got Sean Lee and David Irving back in the lineup, this Defense has been legit.

The trenches are dominating for this team right now. No reason that should change barring an injury to a key player. *knock on wood*

reddyuta

Reaction score
Both teams have a good D.I think we win if there is no major drop off in 3rd down conversion.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
2019 Dak 125+ million
2020 Zeek 75+ million
2020 Sean Lee
This franchise is in better shape than Philly is if you wish to start kicking that can on down the road, and I'm not all that sure #90 Lawrence commands what your thinking, #50 Lee isn't in the equation,to be honest about it, as he's pretty much on the backside of his gaming days and would definitely have a life long career with this organization after he hangs up his shoulder pads,(hint) should he choose so,,, this is all downtime/ off season ofal yer bandying about there,mister pin-featherso_O

dallasdave

Reaction score
This franchise is in better shape than Philly is if you wish to start kicking that can on down the road, and I'm not all that sure #90 Lawrence commands what your thinking, #50 Lee isn't in the equation,to be honest about it, as he's pretty much on the backside of his gaming days and would definitely have a life long career with this organization after he hangs up his shoulder pads,(hint) should he choose so,,, this is all downtime/ off season ofal yer bandying about there,mister pin-featherso_O
Pin feathers :lmao:

EaglesFan1

Reaction score

Yeah, the Eagles have cap problems too. I don't even know how they had the money to give Jernigan 48 mill but I guess they have to focus on the DLine if they want to be able to not get steam rolled by the Cowboys OLINE for the next 1/2 decade. Alshon is up this year and Jordan Hicks who I think is the most underrated player in the NFL is up at the end of next year. Then you have Wentz. They got problems but can let go Sproles at 4 mill, Celek at 5 mill and possibly Peters at 10 mill all go. Peters would be a tough loss though. Celek too. Celek is the longest tenured Eagle and is a great blocker even if he cant catch and run like he used too.

If you think Dallas wont give a potential DPOY 60+ million you should just say good bye now. The entire NFL is salivating for pass rushers. Put it this way... The Eagles had to give Vinny Curry 48 million 2 years ago because he showed potential as a pass rusher and had a ton of attention in FA... and that was just for potential. Lawrence is going to get a HUGE contract, especially if he wins DPOY. Olivier Vernon got 85 million a year and a half ago. I can only imagine what an elite pass rusher like Lawrence gets two years later. Cox got 100 million and he never won DPOY and he isnt a DE. Someone gonna give Lawrence HUGE money. I could see Cleveland giving him 100 million to pair up with Myles Garrett.

Calais Campbell got 60 million
and he is in his 30's. Lawrence is young and a legit superstar. Youre probably right on Lee. He is 31 now and wont get huge money at 33. He is locked up for 2018 and 2019. I'm an Eagles fan through and through but I love me some Sean Lee. Dude is a freaking BEAST!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yeah, the Eagles have cap problems too. I don't even know how they had the money to give Jernigan 48 mill but I guess they have to focus on the DLine if they want to be able to not get steam rolled by the Cowboys OLINE for the next 1/2 decade. Alshon is up this year and Jordan Hicks who I think is the most underrated player in the NFL is up at the end of next year. Then you have Wentz. They got problems but can let go Sproles at 4 mill, Celek at 5 mill and possibly Peters at 10 mill all go. Peters would be a tough loss though. Celek too. Celek is the longest tenured Eagle and is a great blocker even if he cant catch and run like he used too.

If you think Dallas wont give a potential DPOY 60+ million you should just say good bye now. The entire NFL is salivating for pass rushers. Put it this way... The Eagles had to give Vinny Curry 48 million 2 years ago because he showed potential as a pass rusher and had a ton of attention in FA... and that was just for potential. Lawrence is going to get a HUGE contract, especially if he wins DPOY. Olivier Vernon got 85 million a year and a half ago. I can only imagine what an elite pass rusher like Lawrence gets two years later. Cox got 100 million and he never won DPOY and he isnt a DE. Someone gonna give Lawrence HUGE money. I could see Cleveland giving him 100 million to pair up with Myles Garrett.

Calais Campbell got 60 million
and he is in his 30's. Lawrence is young and a legit superstar. Youre probably right on Lee. He is 31 now and wont get huge money at 33. He is locked up for 2018 and 2019. I'm an Eagles fan through and through but I love me some Sean Lee. Dude is a freaking BEAST!

COPY!
you seem of a decent sort,,,we'll rap later 'migo