The Improbable Rise of the NFL's Top Kicker

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Look at all the NFL records (towards the end) Brandon has already!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the team hit the jackpot with this guy. You can't say the team didn't do anything good in the offseason. Finding this guy was a major deal! We went from a totally unreliable kicker with the yips to having one of the best. Green Bay would have loved to have him. In their playoff game against San Fran, they missed a field goal, and then ended up losing by three points. Their kicking game cost them a chance to take that game into OT, and, of course, a chance to win.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He's gotta string a few years together.

All kickers go through a bad stretch of a few games...it's just a matter of time.

The Great kickers get over it, and get back to being great. But then there are others that can't keep it together through a bad stretch, and get "The Yips" and never recover. The mental part of kicking is 50 % of it.

He hasn't had his 1st bad stretch yet. But its coming (it always does) and how he responds will be what defines him.

Toro9

Reaction score
He's gotta string a few years together.

All kickers go through a bad stretch of a few games...it's just a matter of time.

The Great kickers get over it, and get back to being great. But then there are others that can't keep it together through a bad stretch, and get "The Yips" and never recover. The mental part of kicking is 50 % of it.

He hasn't had his 1st bad stretch yet. But its coming (it always does) and how he responds will be what defines him.
Dan Bailey sorta came back but then he bombed again. Kicker is the most sketchy position in football... Ironically.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
He was impressive this last season, to say the least.

I'll be the first to eat crow on it. I remember going into the season with him as the starter, rolling my eyes thinking, "yeah, this is really going to work out." Well, it did, and I'm perfectly happy to have been wrong about it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He needs to work on his PATs.
You're so negative get a life why do you even come on here, the guy was our greatest weapon last year besides Lamb on offense, with how much we love and live on field goals, I can't believe you've stooped this low!!! Gosh lol lol

rags747

Reaction score

I'll be the first to eat crow on it. I remember going into the season with him as the starter, rolling my eyes thinking, "yeah, this is really going to work out." Well, it did, and I'm perfectly happy to have been wrong about it.
Well your reaction made perfect sense as the reports from training camp were pretty bleak for both kickers. The daily reports were not promising at all!

Aven8

Reaction score
A lot of people might think he’s too aggressive at times but Bones is a damn good coach. The dude just knows ST’s and how to spot talent.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

It wasn’t just the fact that he came out of nowhere, but also because they didn’t bother to really test him during the preseason. So, yeah, I don’t blame anybody that had serious doubts.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Dan Bailey sorta came back but then he bombed again. Kicker is the most sketchy position in football... Ironically.
Yeah, the call the game "football" for a reason. What drives me crazy are uppity people from Europe who claim that their "football" (soccer) is better somehow because the players kick the ball all game. Then they watch our American football and get bored because they don't understand the admittedly complex rules and strategy. If they understood it, they would be hooked. My brother in-law is from Germany, but once he started watching our football and understood it, he was totally hooked. He's the only German person I know with whom I can have an intelligent conversation about real football.
To those folks who claim that American football has nothing to do with kicking the ball with your foot, I tell them to look up Super Bowl 25. That game was decided by kicking. They have no idea why Bills fans say "wide right" and then facepalm.