The Iron Shiek died

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I was a huge WWF fan as a kid thanks in part to guys like this. Just a great rogue’s gallery that often mimicked the daily headlines. Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and the rest of the good guys would have to save America from Rowdy Roddy Piper, The Iron Shiek, and others.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
RIP Shiek. Great entertainer.

Honestly I can’t even watch modern wrestling. I do still watch wrestling from the 80’s and 90’s on Peacock though.
Remember him and the Russian Tag Team? Everyone loved to hate them. But I still liked watching Piper talk smack better.

You’re right. Wrestling is like baseball now to me. The classic stuff is much better.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Remember him and the Russian Tag Team? Everyone loved to hate them. But I still liked watching Piper talk smack better.

You’re right. Wrestling is like baseball now to me. The classic stuff is much better.

Remember the Persian Club workout/challenge? 75 lbs each, Iron Sheik was country strong.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great Wrestler and heel. Never got a chance to see him in person. Watched him his entire time in WWE though. Always entertaining. Always made me BOOOOO when he came out. They don't make wrestlers like that any more.