The Junks are Streaming!

EGTuna

Reaction score
Some of you may remember THe Sports Junkie who are a local program out of DC, and were syndicated briefly. Now they are being streamed on-line from 10-1 at http://www.1067wjfk.com/index.html their home station. I've been listening to the Junks since '97, and they are great. If you're between the ages of 18-40, you will love them. They talk about sports, movies, reality tv, the perils of being a husband and parent, sex, etc. Good stuff. Trust me.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Can't compare to the Ticket in Dallas. Started the whole guy talk craze, and still the best at it.

But I'm not baggin on your guys. You obviously like them and more power to them. Just know that they're copying the Ticket.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Please. HOWARD STERN started the whole guy-talk craze. The Junks are totally different than anything on the Ticket. They skew much younger, and are way funnier. I've listened to both.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
EGTuna said:
Please. HOWARD STERN started the whole guy-talk craze. The Junks are totally different than anything on the Ticket. They skew much younger, and are way funnier. I've listened to both.

Ok, I'll give you that Howard Stern started it. But the ticket started it in regards to sports talk.

I can't listen to the stream from work, but if you say that these guys are better than the ticket, I'd be happy to give it a go. Will they be on a week from Monday? I'll be off for the 4th of July and I could listen to them from home.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
They got taken of the air in houston so quick. I think the show lasted like 1 or 2 months on Sports radio 610

I thought they where boring myself but that is me and yes I am under 40

EGTuna

Reaction score
I don't know about the 4th. Hey, it's all subjective. I don't know why I defended them so harshly. Sorry 'bout that. Not like they pay to pimp them out.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
EGTuna said:
I don't know about the 4th. Hey, it's all subjective. I don't know why I defended them so harshly. Sorry 'bout that. Not like they pay to pimp them out.

No worries at all man.

If you like them, then you should "pimp" them as you have.

You've done nothing wrong buddy.

PEACE!

Dan.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
I'm a big Junks fan... any they're much better now that they've moved away from the music station (99.1) back over to the all-talk 106.7.

No question that they didn't invent the format... they openly copy Stern and Don & Mike. I've tried listening to the Ticket, but can't really get into it. Maybe because when I do tune in, I'm looking for Cowboys news and they always disappoint.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have a love-hate relationship with the Ticket.

They are great til Cowboys season(i.e. every day really).
The only sport the Hardline talks is baseball.

BTW, the Ticket actually followed a Philly sports station. (gasp!!)
They were the 2nd all sports/guy talk station on the airwaves.

Alot of the stuff they do is funny and I like Corby(listened to him back with Chris Arnold) but the lack of Cowboy coverage gets annoying. They really should be able to kill a lot of their daily and weekly scheduled schtick crap for football talk when there are serious topics.

I listen to ESPN103.3 a lot more nowadays.