The key to beating the Chargers

nathanlt

Reaction score
After playing Madden 2006 several times.... I think the best way for Dallas to win is to go after Ladian Tomlinson. Run Blitz. Frequently. All the while rotating players to keep the defense fresh and the blitz strong and overwhelming. I don't think Brees has the weapons to beat our corners on short slants neceessary due to big blitzes. That's the best way in my mind.

On offense, I say run it down the gut, and keep most passes quick because Bledsoe (and our offensive line) can't wait around while the recievers get open. Power running, we certainly can cycle through the running backs until we've pounded the Chargers into submission. Then, maybe we can make a few deep passes...

What's your opinon?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nathanlt said:
After playing Madden 2006 several times.... I think the best way for Dallas to win is to go after Ladian Tomlinson.

Uh, ya think?

;)

Champsheart

Reaction score
I can just see Parcells now bunkered down in Valley Ranch playing Madden all hours of the night to figure out how to beat them.

:lmao2:

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
Well, it sounds simplistic, but this is going to be a heck of a test of our defense. We're going to have to bring Roy up close to the line of scrimmage and rush 5 or 6 guys to contain Tomlinson and pressure Brees. That means Henry and Newman are going to be 1 on 1 a lot, and our LBs will have to step up and cover the TE and FB out of the backfield. We can drop 7 or 8 into coverage once in a while as a change up. The CBs need to keep the WRs in front of them and punish them when they make the catch. The Cowboys have to crowd the LOS, and force Brees to beat us deep.

ndanger

Reaction score
The key is to score more points than them in each quarter of play.I think if we do that we have a good chance to win. :eek:

nathanlt

Reaction score
flashback said:
Well, it sounds simplistic, but this is going to be a heck of a test of our defense. We're going to have to bring Roy up close to the line of scrimmage and rush 5 or 6 guys to contain Tomlinson and pressure Brees. That means Henry and Newman are going to be 1 on 1 a lot, and our LBs will have to step up and cover the TE and FB out of the backfield. We can drop 7 or 8 into coverage once in a while as a change up. The CBs need to keep the WRs in front of them and punish them when they make the catch. The Cowboys have to crowd the LOS, and force Brees to beat us deep.

With no thanks to the sarcastic ones around here....

:laugh2:

that's exactly my point, we have guys good enough to do a decent job one on one as corners, and we can obliterate their running game completely. And we will have to do that... big time... It is very apparent when you play the game.... Hey, what's the deal with the animosity toward Madden 2006? Ain't nothing wrong with getting fired up about the game by playing the Chargers-Cowboys matchup a few times!!!

:clubbed:

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Also, keep putting Key in motion and run the counter play until they can stop. (On pro mode of course) Also, if we make sure all of our players are faster, stronger, and taller than the other guys, we are guaranteed to win. ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
Also, keep putting Key in motion and run the counter play until they can stop. (On pro mode of course) Also, if we make sure all of our players are faster, stronger, and taller than the other guys, we are guaranteed to win. ;)
Someone tell Parcells to go in to edit mode and beef up our OLine :D