The last thread about Keith Davis' car.

notherbob

Reaction score
A few days ago, I spoke/wrote words in anger about KD's car. I was wrong. I was reacting emotionally and blaming the car for one of my favorite players getting shot again. After having thought about some of the rightfully negative responses to my ranting, I realize I was not saying what I really thought, but expressing how I felt and I didn't feel good.

Hell, I love custom cars and used to drive one myself a hundred years ago or so. Mine was stolen and never recovered. Car art is a magnificent modern art form and the artists are to be admired and commended.

In his whole life, my old coach was wrong about pretty much everything except one thing; he said "When yer mad, ya outta shuttup." He was right.

I apologize to all who were offended by my thoughtless outburst.

I like nice things, too, but have had so many things stolen that I have learned to be prudent where and how I display anything of value that I wish to keep. It shouldn't be that way, but our modern society has become that way and we have to live with that. Look at the trouble conspicuous consumption let Sean Taylor get himself into. All KD was doing was tooling along the road minding his own business. Just one of the many reasons the child bride (a mere 54) and I moved from the Metroplex to the boonies where life is simpler and not so crowded.

Tomorrow the players start reporting to TC. Tomorrow we can breathe again.

Rebirth is at hand, and hopefully, redemption.

RodBro

Reaction score
Being one of the people that was ticked by your comment, I can appreciate you stepping up to the plate and saying that...:bravo:

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
You know the scary part of this is that I went down that road a while back coming to Dallas to fly out the next a.m. to Cozumel for vacation, the second scarier thing was that my kid and his firends came down that road even later in the a.m., granted we drive Ford Taurus's but still, Dallas reminds me of Detroit, its a scary place, I travel all over Texas and they have the worst drivers by far, they will flat run you over and not blink, so its not hard to imagine a little road rage or car jacking....I also remember a former Cowboy who wacked somebody at high speed too, so look out people if you're in the metroplex..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and an even bigger one to
keep his mouth shut when he's right. - Jim Fiebig

Something that I think has a great deal of wisdom to it but that I have a very difficult time mastering.

Have a good day Bob.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
It's ridiculous when we've gotten to the point that you can't state the obvious.

Davis likes to carry himself with that whole gangsta/thug look, (even saying the "gangsta lean" probably saved his life), but then he tries to tell everyone he's really a church-going, good guy. Uh, ok, Keith, if you say so. Silly me to think all of that has something to do with you being shot twice in the past two years.

You point out the obvious about him and everyone has a fit that you are judging him, blah, blah, blah. Well guess what? So is his employer and his coach.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BARRYRAY said:
You know the scary part of this is that I went down that road a while back coming to Dallas to fly out the next a.m. to Cozumel for vacation, the second scarier thing was that my kid and his firends came down that road even later in the a.m., granted we drive Ford Taurus's but still, Dallas reminds me of Detroit, its a scary place, I travel all over Texas and they have the worst drivers by far, they will flat run you over and not blink, so its not hard to imagine a little road rage or car jacking....I also remember a former Cowboy who wacked somebody at high speed too, so look out people if you're in the metroplex..

Try driving in Cincinnati on I-75 and heading North on I-71 out of Columbus going toward Cleveland....you will change your opinion about Texas.
Also, try getting around Montreal on a Friday afternoon. The drivers are decent, because they have to go slow, or should I say STOPPED as in taking 5 hours to what normally should take 2 hours.
Driving in Dallas is nothing to me, compared to that.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Damn I didnt even know he got shot untill today...Been doing other stuff forgot to check on my COwboys:eek: .

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Damn I didnt even know he got shot untill today...Been doing other stuff forgot to check on my COwboys:eek: .

yeah, no crap, didn't you get the memo?

Emmitt Smith retired

:laugh1: just kidding man