The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe Movie

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see this movie as I read several in the Chronicles of Narnia series when I was a young lad...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it as well. I hope they stay true to C.S. Lewis' alagroic theme. He is one of my favorite writers. If you like his stuff, try The Screwtape Letters. I thought it was great.

Hoov

Reaction score
Lewis was a good writer, ive read many of his books.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I'm looking forward to it as well. I hope they stay true to C.S. Lewis' alagroic theme. He is one of my favorite writers. If you like his stuff, try The Screwtape Letters. I thought it was great.

I went to IMDB not too long ago to look at this movie (I, too, am excited), and was shocked at some of the stuff in their forums.

Many people are calling for this movie to leave out any allegorical themes, and there are a lot of folk complaining that they don't want to go see a movie and have someone "tell them that it is really about Jesus."

They want to enjoy the movie for what it is, and don't want to (as they put it) read into it and such. They just want an adventure movie.

I was appalled for two reasons:

1) You can't take out the allegory. It is an allegory for Christ. You can't separate it.
2) The statement that they want to 'enjoy it without having to read into it.' What? That's like saying I want to read 1984, but not really analyze what they are talking about. Or The Catcher in the Rye. When did people become so illiterate that they want to ignore meanings and just 'enjoy it at face value???'

*Disclaimer - I am not a Christian, but this book is a great book, great story, and will probably be a great movie - and the allegory has much (if not most) to do with that. C.S. Lewis was brilliant.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
I went to IMDB not too long ago to look at this movie (I, too, am excited), and was shocked at some of the stuff in their forums.

Many people are calling for this movie to leave out any allegorical themes, and there are a lot of folk complaining that they don't want to go see a movie and have someone "tell them that it is really about Jesus."

They want to enjoy the movie for what it is, and don't want to (as they put it) read into it and such. They just want an adventure movie.

I was appalled for two reasons:

1) You can't take out the allegory. It is an allegory for Christ. You can't separate it.
2) The statement that they want to 'enjoy it without having to read into it.' What? That's like saying I want to read 1984, but not really analyze what they are talking about. Or The Catcher in the Rye. When did people become so illiterate that they want to ignore meanings and just 'enjoy it at face value???'

*Disclaimer - I am not a Christian, but this book is a great book, great story, and will probably be a great movie - and the allegory has much (if not most) to do with that. C.S. Lewis was brilliant.

Kinda like saying, "I like onion rings but I don't want any onions." :rolleyes:
But one thing is that the movie, if it holds to the CS Lewis writing will be great.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Kinda like saying, "I like onion rings but I don't want any onions." :rolleyes:
But one thing is that the movie, if it holds to the CS Lewis writing will be great.

I will warn you - expect a lot of added stuff. While movies like The Lord of the Rings (series of movies that is) took stuff out, they will seriously have to add stuff to this movie.

I read this book in 3 hours the other day, just because it had been so long. Judging from the previews, they have expanded much of it. It really was a short book, and they aren't combining all the Chronicles, rather just hoping tomake them all movies (I will be first in line at the Magician's Nephew).