The Little Things Matter

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
One of the obvious things with McCarthy is the lack of attention to detail and not being fully prepared.

Nowhere does it manifest itself more than in the end-of-game chaos that has occurred since he joined the Cowboys.

This is why it blows my mind that Jerry decided to stick with Gumby 2.0 instead of going with a proven winner in Belichick. Belichick has his flaws with the media and the level of talent has fallen off quite a bit on the Pats the last few years but the dude had a 20 year run in the salary CAP era for a reason. Anyone who thinks it is all because of Brady is a hater or didn't pay attention to what this guy did over that time.

Even if it wasn't Belichick it is blatantly obvious this team needs someone else to get them over the hump the same way the Colts needed Dungy to get the Pats.

If the coach isn't prepared for the little things there is no way his players will be. Watch this clip and tell me McCarthy or Dan Quinn for that matter give our players this type of advantage on game day.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One of the obvious things with McCarthy is the lack of attention to detail and not being fully prepared.

Nowhere does it manifest itself more than in the end-of-game chaos that has occurred since he joined the Cowboys.

This is why it blows my mind that Jerry decided to stick with Gumby 2.0 instead of going with a proven winner in Belichick. Belichick has his flaws with the media and the level of talent has fallen off quite a bit on the Pats the last few years but the dude had a 20 year run in the salary CAP era for a reason. Anyone who thinks it is all because of Brady is a hater or didn't pay attention to what this guy did over that time.

Even if it wasn't Belichick it is blatantly obvious this team needs someone else to get them over the hump the same way the Colts needed Dungy to get the Pats.

If the coach isn't prepared for the little things there is no way his players will be. Watch this clip and tell me McCarthy or Dan Quinn for that matter give our players this type of advantage on game day.

Nice video.
Hoodie gonna Hoodie.

I used to live in Seattle. That play is never gonna die.

Given the down and the time remaining, I liked a pass play, but the type of pass called was the worst, a bang bang pass in the middle of a crowded field with players on both sides crossing and bunched together. Throwing away Wilson's experience. Asking for an INT.

Should have rolled out Wilson and isolated a receiver on a DB. Total visibility on the WR. No random defenders possibly running into the route. No defenders shielded by the bodies of others. See what's there and make a decision. Run it in if that is there.

The money play on 4th down would be to run it straight ahead with Lynch. The downs prior should have just been due diligence, giving yourself a safe shot on all the downs you could get.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Hopefully he will be better in year 2 of being back in control of the offense. I don't see next year as a lame duck year. It's a "prove it" year. Same thing this dumb *** ownership group did to Garrett when his contract wasn't extended. Hope it turns out well.

blueblood70

Reaction score

first of all, you have no idea if Jerry had a conversation with Bill Belichick and he obviously may not have been a good fit here maybe he didn't wanna come here..

apparently the other actual seven jobs that were available where actual openings, nobody hired Bill Belichick... why is that???? explain to me Mr. Know it all professional Internet GM you know the bunch of you around here that thinks you could do it better the thing you think that Mike McCarthy is not a good coach and yet his record says otherwise, and yes I prefer to change the full coaching purge as well but I'm not gonna sit here and question why they kept the guy I wish they'd move on from Dan Quinn but it's not like the guy just didn't win 36 games in the last three years two division titles in the last three years three straight playoff games in three years you act like we have garbage here maybe you don't remember what garbage looks like or smells like because you a lot of people don't like our quarterback and our players but maybe we need to get truly bad and only get to save less than five wins the next three years each and then find out what real bad looks like.... You act like these guys are jokes and they somehow were able to win an awful lot of games...

so we don't even know Bill Belichick was available to come here!​
just like about 40 names that are mentioned for players who are free agents are released from a team that's about all of you think that they should come here and that they wanted to come here and Jerry just didn't do anything to bring him here, which is untrue some players and coaches have destinations they prefer to go to and when it doesn't manifest and they don't come here somehow all the know it alls come here and say how we should have got this guy and got that guy... ohh Bobby Wagner's being brought up again even though he retired and said he doesn't want to play anymore he's not everyone's free agent list. if he was going to play again, he'd go back to Seattle that's where he wanted to go for his last year and left yet everybody here thinks he's an option as usual the know-it-all Internet GM strike every day,​

hey but maybe we should go with Howie and we should have brought back Moore hell we should even fired moore ,,other people think he's great they seem to be bringing him into organizations,

I mean you blame Jerry for hiring the guy in the 1st place and now he's been hired by the chargers and he's going to be the Eagles offensive coordinator, maybe ohh all the expert fanbase should just be quiet at times because you're not going to be right and you're not going to get what you want because you don't run an organization the NFL does things the way it does and Jerry you act like he's on an island doing things no one else does and it's very untrue....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hopefully he will be better in year 2 of being back in control of the offense. I don't see next year as a lame duck year. It's a "prove it" year. Same thing this dumb *** ownership group did to Garrett when his contract wasn't extended. Hope it turns out well.
Yeah why is that that fans think that's a bad thing and they call it lame duck I'm sorry but most contract years for players the players seem to most of them excel to try to get that contract we saw Jason Garrett do it and actually had what A12 win season I can't remember but he was in his contract year and was able to win games I mean I I think it's being overly used the term lame duck it's not a lame duck year it's a year in which he has to earn his next deal... I don't have a problem with that although I would love for some changes that have been made maybe with the coaching staff but apparently we're gonna get them all back and as fans we have no control over this **** and people just keep complaining and it gets old if you don't like the team go find that team that has the perfect coach the perfect quarterback and the perfect GM I'd like to know who that is but you might wanna go do it instead of being that fan who just complains all the time...

Flamma

Reaction score
I applauded BigMac for how prepared he had our team in week 1. Dallas struggled mightily all year against the better teams. I gave him a pass. We lost the past two years in the playoffs to a better team. Gave him a pass. Besides Arizona, the Cowboys were beating the teams they were expected to beat. As long as everything remains the same, Dallas should get to the NFCCG. Then in the Wildcard round the Cowboys come out looking like the week 1 Giants against the 7th seed.

This is inexcusable. We're not only losing to the good teams, but we're now losing in big moments. I have lost every ounce of confidence I had in fat Mike. You can't let a 7th seed come to your house and run you off the field.

Motorola

Reaction score
Well - the rebound from the Dallas debacle two Sundays ago began yesterday:
A) East-West Shrine Bowl practices- in the Ford Center at the Star btw; the game will be this Thursday February 1st.
B) Senior Bowl practices begin Tuesday January 30th in Mobile; the game will take place this Saturday February 3rd.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I thought we were going to talk about Deuce and how we already have our cowbell runner.

Creeper

Reaction score
Yes, details matter, but you have to see things and understand them before you can attend to the details. Coaches that do not make adjustments, are probably not understanding what is happening to them during the game.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I applauded BigMac for how prepared he had our team in week 1. Dallas struggled mightily all year against the better teams. I gave him a pass. We lost the past two years in the playoffs to a better team. Gave him a pass. Besides Arizona, the Cowboys were beating the teams they were expected to beat. As long as everything remains the same, Dallas should get to the NFCCG. Then in the Wildcard round the Cowboys come out looking like the week 1 Giants against the 7th seed.

This is inexcusable. We're not only losing to the good teams, but we're now losing in big moments. I have lost every ounce of confidence I had in fat Mike. You can't let a 7th seed come to your house and run you off the field.
Dallas was completely outcoached and out-schemed on both sides of the ball and by the time they adjusted the game was over.

1-3 in the playoffs as a 12-win team shows a clear and present pattern of falling short. I thought the Zeke at center play after the Dak scramble with no timeouts left to the previous seasons was about as embarrassing as it gets until they got blown out at home by a 7 seed.

This roster has some holes in it, as does every team in the salary CAP era, but it also has a ton of talent so we can blame Jerry the GM all we want but the truth is his coaching hires are a real problem. We have 3 All Pro linemen and an effective passing game, yet they couldn't figure out how to create any running lanes the entire season?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Do not make the mistake in thinking MM isn't a lame duck Jerry has given the contract extension vote of confidence after the end of a bad season, look no further than JG.

GMO415

Reaction score
If you can't get on board with "we like our guys" you're going to be very frustrated in 2024.

nobody

Reaction score
If you can't get on board with "we like our guys" you're going to be very frustrated in 2024.
Sadly, this is true. I'm convinced "We like our guys" is Jonespeak for "We're too lazy to actually do the work to improve. We'd rather take our family vacation during the first few critical days of free agency" And other similar things.