The Longshot Prediction of the week

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
If somehow we lose Sunday to Cinci (and I dont think we will, but with this team who can be sure).

Wade gets canned next week. Especially if its a game where you can clearly point at the defense and say thats the reason we lost (like Sunday vs Washington)

I could see a scenario Sunday night or Monday a.m. where Jones is mad and tells Wade to demote Stewart (whether announced or un-announced) and strip him of his role as DC. Phillips would probably refuse, and he'll get run, along with Stewart.

Just throwing it out there. It absolutely wouldnt surprise me.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Lets fire a 16-4 Coach - on a knee jerk reaction week 5.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
3-1 and buddy you go 3-2 and ur toast. Wow, only us Cowboy fans. Here's the thing, who would take over our 3-4 defense to help us turn it around by that point? Like offensively and head coach wise ok, we have Garrett but who would take over the other side of the ball right in the middle of the season like this. Please don't say Campo, cause we've planned for the 3-4 on defense and although alot of these guys can do a 4-3 that's not what they've been mentally prepared for.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
dbair1967;2300402 said:
If somehow we lose Sunday to Cinci (and I dont think we will, but with this team who can be sure).

Wade gets canned next week. Especially if its a game where you can clearly point at the defense and say thats the reason we lost (like Sunday vs Washington)

I could see a scenario Sunday night or Monday a.m. where Jones is mad and tells Wade to demote Stewart (whether announced or un-announced) and strip him of his role as DC. Phillips would probably refuse, and he'll get run, along with Stewart.

We lose to Cinci after this week you start from scratch. Players wanted.:D

Boysboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;2300402 said:

Let me add...

TO implodes

Pacman runs rampants at strip joints

Romo gets drunk with Jessica on I-35

Tank gets caught buying the entire firearm shop

Heh-and everyone thought DFW was the most peaceful place on this planet...:laugh1:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2300546 said:
Let me add...

TO implodes

Pacman runs rampants at strip joints

Romo gets drunk with Jessica on I-35

Tank gets caught buying the entire firearm shop

Heh-and everyone thought DFW was the most peaceful place on this planet...:laugh1:
Keith Davis gets shot while headed for his 2 a.m. confessional.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Wade Phillips is calling the shots on this defense. He may not be holding the card, but the defense is his. The defense is his "life" as far as the team goes. Phillips' fingerprints are all over the defensive calls and gameplan. He doesn't need a card to call a game.

MCowboys

Reaction score
dbair1967;2300402 said:
but with this team who can be sure

Wait, so we lose one game in the division, which last i checked we do every year, and the team is now seen as falling apart and totally inconsistent. If we play like we did last week against the Bengals, we will still win by double digits.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MCowboys;2300747 said:
Wait, so we lose one game in the division, which last i checked we do every year, and the team is now seen as falling apart and totally inconsistent. If we play like we did last week against the Bengals, we will still win by double digits.

Our only concern is that with this being the toughest division in football, it was important to protect our own territory(FedEx isn't going to be any easier next time, and it's also been a house of horrors for Romo).

Other than that-I'm not worried. Like I said in other threads, I'm THRILLED to start the season 3-1. Upon looking at the schedule last Spring, 0-3 was a pretty good possibility, but so far we've played very well overall.

We'll be fine against Cincy. The only game that worries me in Oct is Arizona, largely b/c they have 2 premiere wideouts.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
It'd be too rash to fire Wade at this point of the season, even with a loss to the Bengals.

Question:

Has any NFL coach been fired with a 3-2 record?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
ZeroClub;2300832 said:
It'd be too rash to fire Wade at this point of the season, even with a loss to the Bengals.

Question:

Firing Wade would be a bad move even if we lost. But we would have to make an example and hell, why not Brian Stewart, the guy is just basically Wades fluffer as far as I am concerned.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
There is no scenario in which I could see Wade Phillips being fired before the season is over with. Jerry Jones has absolutely no history of doing this and would be extremely stupid to do so.

As a matter of fact, I am not sold on the fact that Wade Phillips has to get to the Super Bowl or he will lose his job.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dude come on.

Nobody is getting fired.

We a lost a game to a good team. If that were the case every coach would get fired each year.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2300832 said:

Question:

I doubt it, but that might be because the Raiders haven't been 3-2 in a while.