The media needs to just STOP!

STSINAZ

Reaction score
I am tired of hearing all of this retoric from the media...all this stuff about TO and BP...they dont know what they are talking about...the truth is it's all just THEIR OPINIONS...THATS IT...they have no idea what is going to happen...galloway, hansen, the big little ball of hate...what a waste of time!

Let's just see what happens before making accusations about TO...sure he is a headcase.....he has had problems and will continue to do so...but as far as what is going to happen THIS YEAR...no one knows...odds are he will be ok..he will pout here and there but you know as well as i do parcells will make a bond with the guy...and everything will be ok...or he wouldnt have brought him here...and WHY would bp leave after assembling the machine that we have called the dallas cowboys AFTER THIS YEAR? that makes no sense...he will stay still it plays out...come on...Are you going to tell me that he is going to go the grocery store, buy all the groceries...AND THEN HE'S NOT GOING TO EAT? come on man...PPPPPPPPPPLEASE....ITS TIME TO EAT AND BILL IS NOT GETTING UP FROM THE TABLE! all the stuff in the offseason about quiting was to GET MORE MONEY! ITS TIME TO EAT PEOPLE ARE YOU READY?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
Even I'm getting tired of it. I just don't get the bashing of Bill, if he leaves town, do they really think Jerry's gonna take another step back? The fans don't want to hear it either...this kick just doesn't make sense to me.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
I am tired of hearing all of this retoric from the media...all this stuff about TO and BP...they dont know what they are talking about...the truth is it's all just THEIR OPINIONS...THATS IT...they have no idea what is going to happen...galloway, hansen, the big little ball of hate...what a waste of time!

Let's just see what happens before making accusations about TO...sure he is a headcase.....he has had problems and will continue to do so...but as far as what is going to happen THIS YEAR...no one knows...odds are he will be ok..he will pout here and there but you know as well as i do parcells will make a bond with the guy...and everything will be ok...or he wouldnt have brought him here...and WHY would bp leave after assembling the machine that we have called the dallas cowboys AFTER THIS YEAR? that makes no sense...he will stay still it plays out...come on...Are you going to tell me that he is going to go the grocery store, buy all the groceries...AND THEN HE'S NOT GOING TO EAT? come on man...PPPPPPPPPPLEASE....ITS TIME TO EAT AND BILL IS NOT GETTING UP FROM THE TABLE! all the stuff in the offseason about quiting was to GET MORE MONEY! ITS TIME TO EAT PEOPLE ARE YOU READY?

You know I actually dont mind the media. Their opinions can offer some insight as to what may happen or is happening. Do you blame them for offering their opinion on a matter that has repeated itself? I dont. Unfortunately T.O in Dallas is big news for the media, get used to it, its going to be put through a microscope all season long. Even if it appears T.O is happy.

Now I'll admit some of it seems to be B.S, but some can offer some insight because they are closer to the team than we are.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
It's comes with the territory, and being a cowboys fan. Look what happened to the yankess when they lost 14-3 to the red sox. The boss makes a few comments, and the media is all over it. It was the lead story on sportscenter. Teams that have a national following like the cowboys will always get more publicity whether it be positive or negative. I'm over it as well. but i have a feeling we've only scracthed the surface of the excessive media coverage. Wait until the week leading up to the first phility game. Jerry might have to lock down the ranch.

blindzebra

Reaction score
After 3 years the Dallas media still has no clue how to get info from Parcells.

They cannot ask direct questions, especially the same ones over and over.

If they'd ever just phrase it in an open way like, "Bill have you ever had a player coming in with all this negative attention before?" They'd get 5 minutes of Bryan Cox stories, that if they'd pay attention, would give insight into how he feels about TO.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
After 3 years the Dallas media still has no clue how to get info from Parcells.

They cannot ask direct questions, especially the same ones over and over.

If they'd ever just phrase it in an open way like, "Bill have you ever had a player coming in with all this negative attention before?" They'd get 5 minutes of Bryan Cox stories, that if they'd pay attention, would give insight into how he feels about TO.

well they are all just blindzebras arent they!:laugh2:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i'm not sure which is worse anymore - the media, or all the whining about it.

Mansta54

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

Bingo!!!!! :hammer:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

I was with you until this statement in which you threw yourself right into the same club of those you were criticising.

KCCOWBOYSFAN

Reaction score
Man I dont mind all the media Hype because the Boys just need to use all that on the field to make plays. Think what T.O. is gonna do with all that talk about him. They keep on doubting us and you know what thats fine with me. They underestimate AMERICAS TEAM.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
what i love about the TO hype, is that people are saying that is the big reason we wouldnt win the superbowl, which i find funny because they are saying that the best WR in football would prevent us from winning the big game . . . so if he doesnt act up they are saying we should win it . . . we all know Oline and FS are what really would prevent us (injuries as well) but its funny that all the critics say that it all depends on TO.

jimmy40

Reaction score
STSINAZ said:

What needs to stop is Cowboys fans crying about the media when they've been laughing at Philly for two years for having to put up with it. You want TO then deal with the crap that comes with it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
STSINAZ said:
I am tired of hearing all of this retoric from the media...all this stuff about TO and BP...they dont know what they are talking about...the truth is it's all just THEIR OPINIONS...THATS IT...they have no idea what is going to happen...galloway, hansen, the big little ball of hate...what a waste of time.

These guys you mentioned are paid to give their opinions. When they have discussions on radio programs or write columns, it is not for the purpose of reporting facts ... that's why they are called opinion pieces.

The thing that irks me is that it seems like every beat writer for the Cowboys has some sort of column or radio talk show, and they spend more time speculating in those forums than digging up facts about our team for actual reporting.

The way Bill keeps things locked down at Valley Ranch, it is a lot easier to speculate and stir up controversy than chase down players, investigate rumors, break down statistics, etc.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
What needs to stop is Cowboys fans crying about the media when they've been laughing at Philly for two years for having to put up with it. You want TO then deal with the crap that comes with it.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

monstercat

Reaction score
LOL...they are trying the same thing here in Charlotte. They want to report some friction between Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson so bad they can't stand it. They interviewed Smitty about a month ago and tried to get him to compare Key ot Moose and Smitty wouldn't do it because he said it wouldn't be fair since he hasn't played with Key yet. So the reporter tried to make it sound like Smitty was bad mouthing Key.

I would rather they just report how each team is progressing in mini camps and how the rookies are doing. If I want drama, I'll watch the soaps.