The Mentality of this team on Offense

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I feel that we're taking on the mentality of our coaches. The coaches on offense want to be aggressive, and as we know the coaches on defense are aggressive, so it's a trickling affect on this entire football team. My point is in recent years, I feel that we let up on teams just to be nice when it comes to our offense. I feel we played nicely, in the mentality of our NICE head football coach (Jason Garret). If anyone watches us on offense, you can clearly see that we keep the foot on the gas pedal, we want to score and beat you down!!!!! I didn't get this vibe with the former coach being here. Has anyone else noticed this, please give your thoughts.......

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the vibe was there. But they just had bad defenses in spite of the ... we like ours guys ... concept.
The defense sucked overall for years, and di not help the offense. The approach was to score points , use ball control if they could to help the defense.

All that started to change with MM and when Jerry & Son gave more control to player personnel to Will McClay.

McClay even said, their philosophy of scouting players changes with MM.
Garrett and Marinelli, looked for athletes then tried to fit them into their style of play. Which rarely worked out. MM and now, DQ, wants athletes, and will adapt to their strengths and style of play.

We see the difference.

We are now seeing the type of offense MM had envisioned from taking over play calling, changing 30% of the playbook. We, or most fans knew it would take time to gel, especially with not PS action. It took a bit longer than many of us hoped. Plus health has a lot to do with it. The OL went almost 2 years without the planned starting 5 playing a full game.

I still think the defense is finding its way without any true stud LB's. Something this team has neglected for a long time, or seems to have.

The vibe you see now, is the team starting to heat up, and all be on the same page. Players and coaches. The defense giving up 35 points and a lot of big plays to Seattle concerns me some though. Let's see how they adjust.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think the vibe was there. But they just had bad defenses in spite of the ... we like ours guys ... concept.
The defense sucked overall for years, and di not help the offense. The approach was to score points , use ball control if they could to help the defense.

All that started to change with MM and when Jerry & Son gave more control to player personnel to Will McClay.

Garrett and Marinelli, looked for athletes then tried to fit them into their style of play. Which rarely worked out. MM and now, DQ, wants athletes, and will adapt to their strengths and style of play.

We see the difference.

We are now seeing the type of offense MM had envisioned from taking over play calling, changing 30% of the playbook. We, or most fans knew it would take time to gel, especially with not PS action. It took a bit longer than many of us hoped. Plus health has a lot to do with it. The OL went almost 2 years without the planned starting 5 playing a full game.

I still think the defense is finding its way without any true stud LB's. Something this team has neglected for a long time, or seems to have.

The vibe you see now, is the team starting to heat up, and all be on the same page. Players and coaches. The defense giving up 35 points and a lot of big plays to Seattle concerns me some though. Let's see how they adjust.
Good post, it's crazy how it was we neglected drafting a DT, then it was we never valued having safeties, now we have them, and now it's LB's. With that, I think they went into the season like hey we have LVE and these young guys we should be fine. Depth is critical, especially knowing you had a guy like LVE who is fragile in it's own sense

CCBoy

Reaction score

We see the difference.

On a single game approach, Seattle's coach can selectively attack most current schemes. Thank goodness, Dak pulled a San Francisco and handled the demands and momentums. The defense will be fine for a game with the Eagles.