The most efficient scoring offenses this year

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is, Cowboys score at will against weaker competition, not against SF or Arizona. To move into the playoffs with power, they must correct that weakness. Easy to blame the defense, but the offense stunk against SF and Arizona.

I'm a diehard fan that can admit the deficiencies.

Jipper

Reaction score
Problem is, Cowboys score at will against weaker competition, not against SF or Arizona. To move into the playoffs with power, they must correct that weakness. Easy to blame the defense, but the offense stunk against SF and Arizona.

I'm confused....wasn't Arizona "weaker" competition?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
The eagles 1st. with arguably the best offensive line in football. As bad as our offensive line has played I'm surprised we're 3rd. I'm not counting on Tyron Smith but if everyone else can get and stay healthy we may get in a little groove and close that gap a bit. There's no disputing that our offensive line got off to a very slow start. On a side note Big Mike's play calling has gotten a little better which is going to help close that gap even more.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Other teams deal with this too. It’s almost like better defenses are harder to score on.

Jipper

Reaction score
Not that day, were they?
I get what you are saying but the premise of stating someone is weaker completion is based on their total sample set and not just one game.

Saying dallas only plays well against weaker competition then lumping in one of the worst teams in the NFL as stronger competition bc they played a good game seems counter intuitive.

I think this team has a lot more road issues actually and that is likely a bigger issue

T-RO

Reaction score
Dallas had 416 yards and 26 first downs vs. Arizona. Cowboys moved the ball at will against them.

The issues in that game were this:
-Only 1 of 5 converting in red zone. Some crazy sloppiness included.
-We deserving (or refs just calling, you decide) a season high number of penalties against our offense, often negating big plays or putting the offense in no-win situations.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas had 416 yards and 26 first downs vs. Arizona. Cowboys moved the ball at will against them.

The issues in that game were this:
-Only 1 of 5 converting in red zone. Some crazy sloppiness included.
-We deserving (or refs just calling, you decide) a season high number of penalties against our offense, often negating big plays or putting the offense in no-win situations.
Look, I'm just taking random shots at the FO. I'm always supportive of the team, but believe the FO hasn't done it's job to help the team win in the playoffs.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
The eagles 1st. with arguably the best offensive line in football. As bad as our offensive line has played I'm surprised we're 3rd. I'm not counting on Tyron Smith but if everyone else can get and stay healthy we may get in a little groove and close that gap a bit. There's no disputing that our offensive line got off to a very slow start. On a side note Big Mike's play calling has gotten a little better which is going to help close that gap even more.
Have you seen O-line play around the league? There are plenty of teams that would love to have our O-line. I think we amplify our line's issues because we keep comparing our line to Philly's.

How can Philly's offense be so efficient? I keep reading on these very boards that Hurts is not a good QB. Those Philly receivers must be awfully good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The team with the best defense will likely win the game....

That is some impressive grouping at this point in the season. From this week forward will be the real indicator. Good work Cowboys. Stay ready now!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Look, I'm just taking random shots at the FO. I'm always supportive of the team, but believe the FO hasn't done it's job to help the team win in the playoffs.
Once in the playoffs, it's on the shoulders of the team. It really is their own metal then. Not Jerry's...he would bite a leg off.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have you seen O-line play around the league? There are plenty of teams that would love to have our O-line. I think we amplify our line's issues because we keep comparing our line to Philly's.

How can Philly's offense be so efficient? I keep reading on these very boards that Hurts is not a good QB. Those Philly receivers must be awfully good.
Devonta Smith,A.J. Brown, and Dallas Goedert at TE...Yeah, they're pretty good.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

the beagles WR are awfully good, Brown is having an MVP type year..sucks for him Hill is having an all time great year....