The most impressive thing is the depth we have

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
the most impressive thing i can take away from this game is the amount of depth we have at damn near every position..

i really like the idea of greg ellis at linebacker...i think he will be more effective at that position.

junior glympth is awesome.

chris canty is going to be super good.

tony romo shows leadership skill and a tremendous accurate arm coupled with mobility.

pat watkins looked good..

our o- line looks much improved.

i could go on and on........but the one thing i see is we have way more depth at skill positions than most teams in the league.

we are definitely going to make a run this year.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lanecity1975 said:
the most impressive thing i can take away from this game is the amount of depth we have at damn near every position..

i really like the idea of greg ellis at linebacker...i think he will be more effective at that position.

junior glympth is awesome.

chris canty is going to be super good.

tony romo shows leadership skill and a tremendous accurate arm coupled with mobility.

pat watkins looked good..

our o- line looks much improved.

i could go on and on........but the one thing i see is we have way more depth at skill positions than most teams in the league.

we are definitely going to make a run this year.

I agree with all that.

I'm super concerned though about our depth at WR and at NT. I think we're this [] close to having a problem at WR. And if Ferguson goes down... we are in a world of hurt.

I guess we know what two areas to target in next year's draft... add a guard and there are your top 3 picks.

ghst187

Reaction score
lanecity1975 said:

"on defense" desperately needs added to the end of this statement.

I'm not concerned about NT. I think Stanley and Pepper will do okay if they have to fill in. However....

Not only are we thin several spots on offense but I'm not even sure I like a lot of our starters.
Two of our top 3 WRs are hurt and we have almost nothing behind them.

OT:
(LT) Flo/Pettiti: coming off a major injury and probably won't be good til mid-season
(RG) Colombo/Fabini: color me not excited....at least yet
and that's about it for depth at OT

OG:
Kosier: Good, not great
Rivera: not sure if he'll ever be worth his money, may not be good ever again, at this point it doesn't look good
Who is behind these guys? Peterman? the C who gets beat out at C

TE and RB are the only two offensive positions that I'm comfortable with out depth. If Romo can play like that all the time then I'll like our QB depth okay.

Bizwah

Reaction score
We are very deep in some areas: DL, LB, RB, CB, and dare I say QB

bone dry in others: all OL positions (do we even have a decent starer?), WR, K, and P.

The jury is out on Safety. Roy Williams is all-world, but we don't know how improved Davis is or how good Watkins is.

Encouraging night all around though.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
We are very deep in some areas: DL, LB, RB, CB, and dare I say QB

bone dry in others: all OL positions (do we even have a decent starer?), WR, K, and P.

The jury is out on Safety. Roy Williams is all-world, but we don't know how improved Davis is or how good Watkins is.

Encouraging night all around though.

OL is a big concern, I agree. I would say that FLozell will be ready to go by Week 1, thats anotehr month of conditiong.

Rivera has been eh.

We'll see what we have at RT over the next few weeks.

This OL is very average. If that. It isn't that reassuring....though we may have good skill players, usually a good OL can overcompensate for bad skill players rather than vice versa

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
our o- line will be 3 times as good as last year.

i stand by my opinion............the crayton injury has me troubled a bit.... but hurd showed promise.

jeff

Reaction score
I think we're overly stocked on defense... We could field a whole team just of linebackers.... It's great to have so much depth that you're number one pick can't even break into the starting line-up....

We sacrificed offense talent in the draft and now we're going to pay for it. There was always a lot of concern about TO and Terry Glenn being over 30 and Glenn being injury prone. Now they're injured in preseason warm up drills and BP has to go back to the discount grocery store.