The NFC Beast

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
you guys remember when our division went by that name? well, guys, those days are back.. the East was the best division in football last year, and its gonna be even better this season.. I honestly think that you could make an argument that 4 of the best 6 teams in the NFC are from the NFC East.. Carolina and Seattle are the other two I am thinking of.. anyways, I think the Boys take the division this year but the Commanders, Giants, and Eagles are all tough..

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
hell yeah them dayz are back. i love it though. its gonna b a great season. also i think the AFC west is the 2nd best division in football..

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
you guys remember when our division went by that name? well, guys, those days are back.. the East was the best division in football last year, and its gonna be even better this season.. I honestly think that you could make an argument that 4 of the best 6 teams in the NFC are from the NFC East.. Carolina and Seattle are the other two I am thinking of.. anyways, I think the Boys take the division this year but the Commanders, Giants, and Eagles are all tough..

Hell yeah its coming back. I think the AFC and NFC South teams know they are in for a hell of a battle this year.

To truly show our supremacy though, all four teams have to dominate the teams outside the division. NFC South isn't a slouch division either with Carolina, Tampa, Atlanta, and New Orleans. This is the year to show them whos really the best conference! When they see that the losses of NFC East teams are only coming to divisional opponents...that is when we are the Beast once again.

Coughlin, Gibbs, Parcells, Reid. Its no accident the NFC East is back. The only one whos unhappy about it in all liklihood is Reid, since he doesn't have a bunch of clueless pansies to roll over anymore.

I remember the days of the NFC Beast fondly...I remember every week hoping for Giants, Eagles, Cowboys to lose, but knowing that help from outside the division was very unlikely. I remember my dad telling me numerous times "the only way to stop Dallas is to take care of them ourselves" When you're among the best, and playing the best, the satisfaction of beating the best is that much better.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
We have a hard season ahead of us... I think Mario Williams is going to eat DB for breakfast....

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
We have a hard season ahead of us... I think Mario Williams is going to eat DB for breakfast....

i think reggie bush is gonna eat D's ...

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
Well if Cadillac could run for 1100 yards last year, why is it not feasible Bush becomes a 1500 yard rusher?

RiggoForever

Benched
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Beast is back.

Whoever wins the NFCE should contend for the SB.

Next year the NFC wins the Super Bowl IMO. The balance of power between the two conferences is shifting.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Hell yeah its coming back. I think the AFC and NFC South teams know they are in for a hell of a battle this year.

To truly show our supremacy though, all four teams have to dominate the teams outside the division. NFC South isn't a slouch division either with Carolina, Tampa, Atlanta, and New Orleans. This is the year to show them whos really the best conference! When they see that the losses of NFC East teams are only coming to divisional opponents...that is when we are the Beast once again.

Coughlin, Gibbs, Parcells, Reid. Its no accident the NFC East is back. The only one whos unhappy about it in all liklihood is Reid, since he doesn't have a bunch of clueless pansies to roll over anymore.

I remember the days of the NFC Beast fondly...I remember every week hoping for Giants, Eagles, Cowboys to lose, but knowing that help from outside the division was very unlikely. I remember my dad telling me numerous times "the only way to stop Dallas is to take care of them ourselves" When you're among the best, and playing the best, the satisfaction of beating the best is that much better.
very well put..

and yes, I do think that the balance of power is shifting and the NFC is gonna start dominating once again..

I also agree with the guy who said that whoever wins the NFC East should be contending for the Super Bowl..

I broke down every team in the NFC Beast last night (cause I am a nerd), and Im telling you, you really could make an argument for every single team in our division to be not only division winners but also NFC winners.. I cant wait for this season.. and I gotta be honest-- I definately root for the Commanders, Giants, and Eagles to lose every week cause I hate those teams and because I know it helps my boys.. BUT.. I will get some satisfaction out of watching our division kick the crap out of everybody else.. and knowing that whoever wins the division has truly proven themselves and really earned that division crown..

early prediction:
1. Dallas
2. Washington
3. New York
4. Philadelphia

with the Commanders earning the wildcard.. New York and Philly will both have great teams and good records, but in the end, losing within the division is gonna cost them..

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
very well put..

and yes, I do think that the balance of power is shifting and the NFC is gonna start dominating once again..

I also agree with the guy who said that whoever wins the NFC East should be contending for the Super Bowl..

I broke down every team in the NFC Beast last night (cause I am a nerd), and Im telling you, you really could make an argument for every single team in our division to be not only division winners but also NFC winners.. I cant wait for this season.. and I gotta be honest-- I definately root for the Commanders, Giants, and Eagles to lose every week cause I hate those teams and because I know it helps my boys.. BUT.. I will get some satisfaction out of watching our division kick the crap out of everybody else.. and knowing that whoever wins the division has truly proven themselves and really earned that division crown..

early prediction:
1. Dallas
2. Washington
3. New York
4. Philadelphia

with the Commanders earning the wildcard.. New York and Philly will both have great teams and good records, but in the end, losing within the division is gonna cost them..

Commanders OR Cowboys in your prediction. Depends on the division record.

Either way, this division is a toss up. Last year I said the same and because of injuries all of the team lost some games that would have gone either way with a healthy team.

The Giants lost late games because they had issues at the LB position.
The Eagles had major offensive losses.
The Cowboys had OL and RB losses.
The Commanders lost secondary and OL positions.

I am counting down the days.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
I remember my dad telling me numerous times "the only way to stop Dallas is to take care of them ourselves" When you're among the best, and playing the best, the satisfaction of beating the best is that much better.

Well you got one thing right.
Well written and spoken.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Hell yeah the beast is back. We're about to hit another run like the East did in the late 80s, early 90s when a team from the East won 7 out of 10 Super Bowls: Giants in '87, Washington in '88, Giants in '91, Skins in '92, Boys in '93, '94 and '96. It's gonna be awesome baby!!!!!!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think anybody should discount the Bears. They are loaded this year.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I don't think anybody should discount the Bears. They are loaded this year.
...on defense, yeah.. but they didnt do anything this offseason to help that offense.. they need a TE.. and I am not convinced with Grossman/Orton at QB.. they have a couple of good wideouts, Muhammed and Bradley, but nobody great.. Thomas Jones (and maybe Cedric Benson) is good but not great.. their offense shouldnt scare anyone..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
...on defense, yeah.. but they didnt do anything this offseason to help that offense.. they need a TE.. and I am not convinced with Grossman/Orton at QB.. they have a couple of good wideouts, Muhammed and Bradley, but nobody great.. Thomas Jones (and maybe Cedric Benson) is good but not great.. their offense shouldnt scare anyone..

Wow, I could not disagree more.

They have Benson, who is like a #1 pick this year, coming back. They drafted the FB out of OU, a pretty decent player. They Drafted Hester who is the most electric return guy in college football. He will also play WR along with Justin Gage who is going into his 4th year and should be ready to make some moves as a pro. They have Muhammad back on the other side. The addition of a healthy Benson to this offense is going to make a huge difference for them. They have Grossman healthy, who I do beleive is the guy but also they brought in Griese as a back up. Griese may have difficulty staying healthy but when he's playing, he's better then just average by a wide margin. They drafted Garza out of Miami a couple drafts back and he should be there starter at Guard or Tackle soon. They have John St. Clair coming back. They have Kruetz, who IMO, is the best Center in Football. They have Ruben Brown at The other Guard spot and they have John Tait at LT. I completely agree with you that they needed a TE bad but FA is not over just yet. There going to have a pretty strong offense IMO.

Defensively, there scary good and they only got better in the draft Manning, Dvoracek, Jamar Williams (a player I really liked at ASU) and Mark Anderson from Bama.

I say don't sleep on the Bears.

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Well if Cadillac could run for 1100 yards last year, why is it not feasible Bush becomes a 1500 yard rusher?

many reasons, cadillac is a complete back who can run N-S much better than Bush could, Bush is a E-W runner and makes big plays like that. he will not be nearly as successful in the NFL as cadillac is/will be.