The Office- Series Finale

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
It aired tonight, does anyone else watch this show? Happy with the ending?

I started watching this show with my older brother, so it kind of has a special place in my heart. It was like our one thing we had in common when we were growing up. We were complete opposites (Think Dwight and Jim) but shared a bond at times. We always watch the show and talk about it when we see each other. I don't really have very many shows that I'm really a fan of, but this show made me laugh so many times and get attached to the characters. I genuinely felt embarrassed for Michael Scott at times, and laughed at Jim and Dwights crazy pranks. Really enjoyed the show, sad to see it off the air, but I liked the ending. Tied up a lot of storylines, and ended the way you'd want for pretty much all of the cast.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love The Office and sad to see it is finished :(

The dry/witty comedy is refreshing for a TV series. About to watch the finale in a bit, right after Deadliest Catch!

This ranks up there with the Seinfeld finale for me, both were part of my life for so long.

The only remaining sitcoms that I consider to be future classics left are Modern Family and Big Bang Theory. There are other good ones but not like those.

CoCo

Reaction score
Faithful viewer for the series entirety but it clearly struggled, sometimes mightily, after Carell's exit.

Enjoyed last night more for the poignancy than the content. I especially liked confessions by some of how meaningful the experience was for them. I think it was Fischer who said something like "it means everything to me" and you could see that she was sincere and moved.

Sadly, I think there is a bit of a life parallel. You find a period when everything clicks. It can be a job, relationships, a particular phase of life, etc and then suddenly and without any way to prevent it or protect it, it changes. It simply disappears when subtle expectations had developed that this sweet spot was here to stay.

I've heard other actors speak of it as well with projects that became more than a job to them only to eventually come to a close. I've experienced it in my own life. Change is part of life but for those who tend towards being sentimental its sure hard to watch those sweet spots move on.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The show was amazing and then it just got weird and I gave up on it.

The good times were good though.

Lodeus

Reaction score
As a huge fan of the show I was sad to see it go :(

It was also one of the better series finales I've seen.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
One of my all time favorites for the first few years. Then it faded and even though I still have it set to record on the DVR I almost never watch.

Was sad to see it go for the show that it once was, not what it became.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Great, great show...I'm sure it will be in syndication for years to come.

I admit though, after Carell left, I couldn't stay into it. I've got to get around to watching the last couple of seasons though.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
CoCo;5085164 said:
Faithful viewer for the series entirety but it clearly struggled, sometimes mightily, after Carell's exit.

Future;5085231 said:
I admit though, after Carell left, I couldn't stay into it.

Steve Carell left the Office ??

Guess I don't watch TV very often.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dexternjack;5085131 said:
I love The Office and sad to see it is finished :(

The dry/witty comedy is refreshing for a TV series. About to watch the finale in a bit, right after Deadliest Catch!

This ranks up there with the Seinfeld finale for me, both were part of my life for so long.

The only remaining sitcoms that I consider to be future classics left are Modern Family and Big Bang Theory. There are other good ones but not like those.

You and I have exactly the same tastes.

Seinfeld, The Office, and now Modern Family and Big Bang are the only network shows I watch.

I thought they did a tremendous job with the finale.

One if the best series enders I've ever watched.