The Old Romo.. ?

DA FAN

Reaction score
I have a question...

As you may have read; Romo kinda changed the way he stands in the pocket. He is kinda imitating Brady, standing tall so that he can see the field better.

My question is, do you think this may be affecting the way he is playing now?

Last year, he scrambled pretty much when felt he needed to in order to avoid a sack, avoid getting hit or just giving himself a little more time to find an open receiver.

Is he still doing this? Do you think he should be doing more if it (like last year).

We know the OL is not giving him the protection he needs, just like last year. Except this year, so far, he is getting hit a lot more.

Thoughts?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
You bring up a valid point, but, I am sure the coaches feel it is good

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He does seem to be in a predictable spot for the defense. There are alot of times he just needs to take off just to keep teams honest. One of his biggest assets is his escapability in the pocket and his ability to throw on the run. It seems the coaches have coached this out of him so he is more Bledsoe like. There has to be a compromise somewhere.

He worked on not moving up in the pocket but it seems he is more susceptable to the outside speed rush.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
He does not seem to feel the pressure as well as last year. Not sure why. A step slower, out of position, focusing down the field too long....

Or is it the OL that has been terrible from the second half of last year on... They throw "look out" blocks all day which will eventually get any QB killed. We really need some of the young lineman to step up and perform.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
I think he revert to his old ways if he starts getting hit like he did in the AZ game....

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I think he needs to take the best of both worlds. The reason Romo is Romo is because he makes those crazy miracle escapes and makes something happen out of a potential disaster. I don't think I've seen that at all this season.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
i definitely want to see him throw more on the run, his ability to extend plays by getting out of the pocket when protection collapses was once one of his greatest talents imo.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
sweetness0986;2344438 said:
I think he needs to take the best of both worlds. The reason Romo is Romo is because he makes those crazy miracle escapes and makes something happen out of a potential disaster. I don't think I've seen that at all this season.

absolute truth in these words.