The ones that want to know; brian stewart covers the cowboys on dfw sports beat

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ones that want to know, brian stewart covers the nfl draft

im sure DC or theebs will put up the podcast if you wish;

brian says louis delmas is best safety on the board;

maybe go offensive linemen; max unger, good pulling guard and can play center too, is verstatile

eric wood has good feet, but not good at adjustment to pick up de''s

brandon tate had mcl and tested positive for marij.

stewart said look at value, if he fallsa to 3rd or 4th round and u have to check to see if he has history of marij use etc

in the crosshairs maybe cowboys looking at from brady to stewart

sidbury, likes him, will end up being stronger
dorrel scott at nt and de, very strong at point of attack, with size in rotation
jarron gilbert, plays with hand down, greg is a sam on te side, and will backer on weakside
jason phillips ilb; stewart stillthinks you want to sodify backup lbs
stephen mcgee; you wnt to get a guy young and can help you

james cassey, these are players brady heard cowboys are interested in; rumor cowboys saw this guy in houston sas you know, wildcat, te etc
stewart says can play te, flex him out and play fullback;
mcbath cb; does play ball well in arir and play safety, stewart said you dont want to give him a whole lot of credit because some times at texas tech, teams wree throwing to catch up and you cant really gauge a player that way

on if jerry moves up thinks jerry will make trades, you know he will

legendary pat summerall on later, and talks about romo too

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
romo has to be the leader, and like jerry jones siad, this team has to be romo friendly

pat said from what he has seen it has in attitude and problems in past has disappeared and improved

went on to say from what he sees, some players think they are giving you 100 per cent, but they arent, you can get lulled to sleep that way; while some other players are, and you can fall asleep like that and lose a step, paraphrasing here

if you got to listen to stephen in press conference in relationto the draft, stephen said that some players had gotten complacent, and that the players in the draft now can be used to push those players etc

pat summerall also said that romo has to insert himself, and some other players have to step up and be leaders, (brady said if those players dont step up and be leaders then this team wont improve), and players have to believe in romo as the leader or it wont work;

he talked about john madden, wont go into that

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2742814 said:
ones that want to know, brian stewart covers the nfl draft

im sure DC or theebs will put up the podcast if you wish;

brian says louis delmas is best safety on the board;

maybe go offensive linemen; max unger, good pulling guard and can play center too, is verstatile

eric wood has good feet, but not good at adjustment to pick up de''s

brandon tate had mcl and tested positive for marij.

stewart said look at value, if he fallsa to 3rd or 4th round and u have to check to see if he has history of marij use etc

in the crosshairs maybe cowboys looking at from brady to stewart

sidbury, likes him, will end up being stronger
dorrel scott at nt and de, very strong at point of attack, with size in rotation
jarron gilbert, plays with hand down, greg is a sam on te side, and will backer on weaksidejason phillips ilb; stewart stillthinks you want to sodify backup lbs
stephen mcgee; you wnt to get a guy young and can help you

james cassey, these are players brady heard cowboys are interested in; rumor cowboys saw this guy in houston sas you know, wildcat, te etc
stewart says can play te, flex him out and play fullback;
mcbath cb; does play ball well in arir and play safety, stewart said you dont want to give him a whole lot of credit because some times at texas tech, teams wree throwing to catch up and you cant really gauge a player that way

on if jerry moves up thinks jerry will make trades, you know he will

legendary pat summerall on later, and talks about romo too

who's greg?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2743740 said:
When has he played the WILL?? Not next season I hope.

i think greg will be traded bat. i also got out of the press conference that the cowboys are preparing to draft some OGs OT and lBs to replace flozell adams and greg ellis, so their contract wont be so expensive going into next year;

remember thats what stephen jones said,

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2743969 said:
i think greg will be traded bat. i also got out of the press conference that the cowboys are preparing to draft some OGs OT and lBs to replace flozell adams and greg ellis, so their contract wont be so expensive going into next year;

remember thats what stephen jones said,

Can't wait. Lets get rid of all the whiners, big talkers and media snitches. Clean house and have a team full of guys who only care about winning & kicking ace.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2743978 said:
Can't wait. Lets get rid of all the whiners, big talkers and media snitches. Clean house and have a team full of guys who only care about winning & kicking ace.

me too, after we get rid of greg ellis, next person is flozell adams
from what i heard stephen jones say that some players are complacent you know, and pat summerall even said some werent givving 100 %,

like i said, if you can trade one more person either greg elllis, or say flozell adams if a LOT is found or doug free steps up, then you will finish sending the message to the team that no one is untouchable, and realize they had better work, and work hard or they are goine too.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not sure about Flo yet, his backups still concern me. But I am all for getting rid of some big mouths on the team, supposed "leaders" or media guys:

Carpenter
Crayton

James is on watch too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2744016 said:
Not sure about Flo yet, his backups still concern me. But I am all for getting rid of some big mouths on the team, supposed "leaders" or media guys:

Carpenter
Crayton

James is on watch too.

yep, you hit the nail on the head Bat, although i think that bradie james is about to bust out and be all pro for several years; maybe be more of a leader on the defense and carry a swagger about himself; but carpenter and crayton i can do without;

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2742831 said:
romo has to be the leader, and like jerry jones siad, this team has to be romo friendly

pat said from what he has seen it has in attitude and problems in past has disappeared and improved

went on to say from what he sees, some players think they are giving you 100 per cent, but they arent, you can get lulled to sleep that way; while some other players are, and you can fall asleep like that and lose a step, paraphrasing here

if you got to listen to stephen in press conference in relationto the draft, stephen said that some players had gotten complacent, and that the players in the draft now can be used to push those players etc

pat summerall also said that romo has to insert himself, and some other players have to step up and be leaders, (brady said if those players dont step up and be leaders then this team wont improve), and players have to believe in romo as the leader or it wont work;

he talked about john madden, wont go into that

insert himself where exactly ?? or maybe i dont wanna know

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2744093 said:
yep, you hit the nail on the head Bat, although i think that bradie james is about to bust out and be all pro for several years; maybe be more of a leader on the defense and carry a swagger about himself; but carpenter and crayton i can do without;

Only reason I'm not calling for his head is b/c he had an incredible 1/2 season last year. IMO he has too much swagger and not enough sense. He just talks too dang much. Most of his intensity is OFF the field, never liked those kind of guys.

I want a tough guy leading the D, James talks it but rarely walks it. Plus he never mentors anyone, very selfish guy. And I am tired of all the selfishness on this team of "talented" players. It was his production that was his saving grace w/me. Let's see if he steps up from the beginning of the year on through.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2744130 said:
Only reason I'm not calling for his head is b/c he had an incredible 1/2 season last year. IMO he has too much swagger and not enough sense. He just talks too dang much. Most of his intensity is OFF the field, never liked those kind of guys.

I want a tough guy leading the D, James talks it but rarely walks it. Plus he never mentors anyone, very selfish guy. And I am tired of all the selfishness on this team of "talented" players. It was his production that was his saving grace w/me. Let's see if he steps up from the beginning of the year on through.

i agree bat, but i think he finally learned his lesson at the end of the year;
at least here is hoping;

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2744135 said:
i agree bat, but i think he finally learned his lesson at the end of the year;
at least here is hoping;

I hope so, still a little thin skinned to me, constantly whining to the media. And I wish he would save his arse kicking for the opponents on the field, instead of disappointed fans in the parking lot. That's another thing, never liked bullies.