'The player's' jersey in philly

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
i can't even bear to write the letters of you know who anymore, but i thought you guys would get a kick out of this tidbit.

so, i was at the mall tonight and to my surprise, i step into a modell's (think of it as philly's Academy Sports) and see a huge stack of cowboy jerseys of....the player.

uopn conversation with the clerk at my surprise that they had them at all, let alone lots of them...she told me it was their number one selling jersey BY FAR. can't keep them on the shelves. and you could tell she was irritated by admitting this fact, which made me smile, i'll admit.

now, for those of you who haven't been, let me paint the picture. this place must have no less than a dozen different eagles players jerseys on one HUGE wall, so that is pretty shocking to me that those are being outsold here where the player is totally reviled.

i was totally surprised. anyways...that's my story, and i'm stickin' to it!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Number one seller BY FAR! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I'm not surprised that many TO/Dallas fans live in Philly, but I am impressed by their bravery. That's something I love about Cowboys fans, we show our colors no matter what.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
One of my best friends is an Iggles fan, and while he hates the Cowboys, he continues to appreciate TO and think he got a raw deal from his team.

Don't get me wrong, he'd never buy a Cowboys TO jersey (unless as a gag gift for me) but he still considers himself a TO fan. TO was beloved in Philly... much moreso than Donovan.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
You went to the mall....

You mean your wife told you that right?

superpunk

Reaction score
Danny White said:
One of my best friends is an Iggles fan, and while he hates the Cowboys, he continues to appreciate TO and think he got a raw deal from his team.

Don't get me wrong, he'd never buy a Cowboys TO jersey (unless as a gag gift for me) but he still considers himself a TO fan. TO was beloved in Philly... much moreso than Donovan.

If it goes down this season, and TO lights it up, leads our offense to big things, while McNabb continues to mire in his choking vomit, there will be revolt in Philly. They can't take much more.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
PhillyCowboysLover: Do you have a TO jersey? :D

i do not.

i have 2 major rules before i buy a jersey.

1) you must be a cowboy your entire career (preferably) or be known BEST for your time in dallas. (e. smith, dorsett come to mind) occasional leaps of faith are taken on rookies.

2) you must do SOMETHING good on the field in a game that matters before i buy the hype.

needless to say, T.O. will not qualify...at least, not yet. i was TEMPTED though!!! but i'm worried i'll be burning it in 2 years, anyways.

however....i did but the $20 T.O. "jersey t-shirt." i can live with that investment.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i do not.

1) you must be a cowboy your entire career (preferably) or be known BEST for your time in dallas. (e. smith, dorsett come to mind) occasional leaps of faith are taken on rookies.

2) you must do SOMETHING good on the field in a game that matters before i buy the hype.

needless to say, T.O. will not qualify...at least, not yet. i was TEMPTED though!!! but i'm worried i'll be burning it in 2 years, anyways.

however....i did but the $20 T.O. "jersey t-shirt." i can live with that investment.

I've never purchased a jersey of a player that wasn't homegrown, although I was awfully tempted on a Charles Haley jersey once.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
i do not.

Sounds good! I will not buy a TO jersey, cuz' I highly doubt he will ever be rememberd as a Cowboy'. Not saying he'll mess up, but he'll probably be rememberd for other things. (hehe) I do have a Williams and planning on a Newman one. :)

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
Sounds good! I will not buy a TO jersey, cuz' I highly doubt he will ever be rememberd as a Cowboy'. Not saying he'll mess up, but he'll probably be rememberd for other things. (hehe) I do have a Williams and planning on a Newman one. :)

t-new is DEFINITELY my next one.

i'm just deciding which one i want.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
phillycowboyslover said:
t-new is DEFINITELY my next one.

i'm just deciding which one i want.

Demarcus Ware is my next one. :)

I usually wait about 3 seasons to make sure I don't get stuck with a lost cause but I'm that sure Ware is going to be a monster in this league.

SA_Gunslinger

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Demarcus Ware is my next one. :)

I usually wait about 3 seasons to make sure I don't get stuck with a lost cause but I'm that sure Ware is going to be a monster in this league.

yea, he was one of my rookie leap of faith's!

:starspin

mikek3322

Reaction score
That wouldn't happen to be the King of Prussia mall, would it? Anyway, my friends go back and forth between ripping the Eagles' management & team (QB, anyway) for losing TO and telling me the 'Boys will win the SuperBowl because of him, so it doesn't surprise me that it's selling so well up here!