The players that's hurt.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
The Cowboys don't need to rush these players back on the field. We need all of the important players including Boiman, Owens, Glenn, and Spears in 100% form once the season starts.

I believe if Owens or Glenn goes down it's going to really impact our season. It ain't like we draft a wide receiver in the draft to be next in line just in case.

I believe this year it was worth trading up for one of them top three draft choices in the second round.

We even pass on two good right tackles (Winston Justice/The dude from Auburn), a runningback (Lendale White), conerback (Jimmy Williams), we even passed up on Leonard Pope Tight from Georgia for Anthony Fasano, and two wide receivers (Chad Jackson/Sinorice Moss).

I believe Cowboys probably was going to trade up but they second guess themselves. These was first round talent players.:bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Evidently the teams vision of what they wanted to do is different from your own. Dallas could have drafted a lot of different guys. Lets see how it plays out

AbeBeta

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I believe Cowboys probably was going to trade up but they second guess themselves. These was first round talent players.:bang2:

There are reasons why 1st round talent drops -- at least 50-60 guys in every draft have "first round talent" -- some don't work hard, some are hurt, and some just have bad attitudes.

I'd far rather the team draft guys who are talented, hard working, and have strong character (or at least no strikes against them).

Teams who pick guys who drop because of question marks regarding work ethic, attitude etc. rarely get the steal they thought they were getting. Just look at Antonio Bryant and Derek Ross. Great talent that dropped. How'd that work out?

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Glenn has blisters.. he is fine..
Owens has a sore hammy.. he'll be back next week..
Boiman's thumb might keep him out for most of the preseason, but he'll be back before the season starts..
Spears will be back in a couple weeks..

none of these guys are gonna miss any time in the regular season due to these injuries..

we have been very very fortunate so far on the injury front.. I am happy as can be about that..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here ya go

http://i2.***BLOCKED***/albums/y39/bellyitcher/panic.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If we had drafted one of those players you'd be here saying we should have drafted a LB or TE because that's what we needed more. If we had drafted Matt Jones people would be saying we should have drafted Spears or Ware because we needed them more. :bang2:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
Boiman's thumb might keep him out for most of the preseason, but he'll be back before the season starts..

Boiman should be able to play ST without much practice. He'll have to work his way back into the LB rotation -- this will give more time to Carpenter and Burnett -- so that might eventually end up as a big plus.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Boiman should be able to play ST without much practice. He'll have to work his way back into the LB rotation -- this will give more time to Carpenter and Burnett -- so that might eventually end up as a big plus.
The only thing he will lose is his conditioning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If we had drafted one of those players you'd be here saying we should have drafted a LB or TE because that's what we needed more. If we had drafted Matt Jones people would be saying we should have drafted Spears or Ware because we needed them more. :bang2:

It seems we have to go through this every single year. There are always going to be quality players that you end up passing on that goes for every team out there. Dallas did their homework and went with the players they felt could help this team now and in the future. Will find out over the next few years if they made the right choices