The positive thread

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2353925 said:
I'd bet about everything I have that he does not.

That would be about the worst decision I have ever seen. Here's the reason...this wasn't a bad game by Brad Johnson.

This was an AVERAGE game for Brad Johnson. It's all he is capable of delivering at this point. Believe it or not, he could play against Tampa Bay and be far, far worse.

And that should scare the Hell out of every Dallas fan everywhere.

I was shocked by how dismal he was. I was convinced he could steer the ship for game or two. My bad.

notherbob

Reaction score
Thank God the Cowboys had 13 Pro-Bowlers otherwise the score would have been 72-14.

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2353925 said:
I'd bet about everything I have that he does not.

That would be about the worst decision I have ever seen. Here's the reason...this wasn't a bad game by Brad Johnson.

This was an AVERAGE game for Brad Johnson. It's all he is capable of delivering at this point. Believe it or not, he could play against Tampa Bay and be far, far worse.

And that should scare the Hell out of every Dallas fan everywhere.
some of those passes today to open WRs were not even close to them like the one to Crayton, and the ones that he did throw good were to guys that were being coverd by 2 people

adamc91115

Reaction score
utrunner07;2353887 said:
Cut TO.

Keep Keith Davis, Miles Austin, Barber (how can you not have Barber on that list)...never mind...thats a stupid list...I am not even going to bother trying to fix that.

My bad, I forgot Barber.

Yeah, cut TO but keep Austin. :rolleyes:

You want a good receiver? No, I want Miles Austin.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
dalboy;2353984 said:
some of those passes today to open WRs were not even close to them like the one to Crayton, and the ones that he did throw good were to guys that were being coverd by 2 people

Think about what was going on when we brought Brad in. Tony wasn't the QB he is today and we needed some veteran leadership at an important position. That's not the case now...AND...Johnson is 3 years older. How many other 40 year old QB's are there in the league? His skills had diminished considerably 3 years ago, and today everyone got to see just how badly he really plays. Hey, it's bound to happen. He's simply past his prime - nothing personal.

The real travesty is that the "powers that be" would allow this to happen. We needed to have groomed a more capable backup before this, and we didn't. I saw this coming two years ago. We signed Brad to a pretty lucrative contract (why, I don't know), and I suppose that's the reason we didn't simply let him go in the off-season instead of putting a more capable backup on the team. Not a developmental guy like Matt Moore would have been or even Brooks Bollinger, but a journeyman QB who was in his late 20's or early 30"s who still could get the ball down-field and maybe slide around in the pocket a little bit. Today, we saw that not only does Brad have next to zero long ball or pocket mobility, but his short-mid game is horrible also. You realize that at one point in the late-third quarter he had completed only 30% of his passes for just over 100 yards and 3 interceptions, right? I bet anything his passer rating was a zero then. His garbage-time stats went up by a ton.

Johnson being terrible was predictable. Why we would allow him to be our QB during what was supposed to be a Super Bowl run is just a mystery.