The Pre-Season Uniform Thread No One Cares About!

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I'm weird! The limited time I spend on a computer browser is spent on Cowboys Zone and uni-watch.com - the greatest website ever created that is about nothing but sports aesthetics; uniforms, helmets, field designs, etc. As a die-hard Cowboys fan and uniform enthusiast, I anxiously await the time of year when Todd Archer posts the navy, throwback, and color rush games so I can get excited about seeing the best uniforms in pro sports (the navy jersey uniform) the 2, maybe 3 times a year we get lucky enough to see something other than the home whites.

I haven't found anything this year yet, so I'm curious if anyone knows when we're wearing alternate uniforms?

Yes, old man numb-nuts, I know you don't care if they wear pink as long as we win. I know Dak wears a pink thong under his pants. Yes, I know this thread will be buried after a few scathing replies. No, I don't care.

I DO, however, want to rant. I am SO SICK of seeing this white sock trend going on. Good uniforms have contrast. The most egregious thing Dak Prescott has done to make me resent him has been wearing white socks with every single uniform set last year. White socks with the silver pants/navy jersey against the Commanders? Horrendous! Doesn't that Louisiana hick know that a good uniform requires proper and complimentary contrast? Cut him yesterday! And now, that trend has taken off, as over half the players decided to forego blue socks for white in the most recent pre-season game. It looks terrible, especially the white tights with the home uni. And don't even get me started on the untucked undershirts, or the overuse of the all-white uniforms plaguing the league. CeeDee Lamb and Jourdan Lewis deserve the Presidential Medal of Honor for wearing navy socks with the color rush uniform last year. It was a bold, glorious fashion statement that should earn 88 a max contract.

Thanks for coming to this rant. Please ignore it and get back to blasting/praising Dak in one of the important threads. And remember, your entire self-worth in life should be based on your likes to messages ratio on your anonymous profile on a Cowboys fan forum.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yep, no one cares. I didn't care enough to read the post, so I have no idea what it is I don't care about.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Navy blue jerseys...
Week 6 vs Lions
Week 15 at Panthers
Week 18 vs Commanders

White "color rush" jerseys...
Week 4 at Giants
Week 14 vs Bengals

Blue "classic color" jerseys...
Week 13 vs Giants (Thanksgiving)

Classic whites in all other games.

Nav22

Reaction score
Posted this a couple weeks ago:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-2024-uniform-schedule.525924/

Navy blue jerseys...

Preseason Week 1 at Rams
Preseason Week 3 vs Chargers
Week 6 vs Lions
Week 15 at Panthers
Week 18 vs Commanders

Week 4 at Giants
Week 14 vs Bengals

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Just go back to the Roger and TD royal blue jerseys please and call it a day.
Nah. We aren't the Giants, Colts, or Lions. Cowboys blue is navy and it makes us alot more unique than being another royal blue team. We'd look too close to the Lions.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Posted this a couple weeks ago:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-2024-uniform-schedule.525924/

Navy blue jerseys...

Preseason Week 1 at Rams
Preseason Week 3 vs Chargers
Week 6 vs Lions
Week 15 at Panthers
Week 18 vs Commanders

Week 4 at Giants
Week 14 vs Bengals

You rule! Thanks! Was hoping for more navy games but 6 games out of 17 with a different uni is better than the 1 or 2 we were getting for a while. Glad we are wearing navy against the Lions, our home uni's are way too close to their color scheme.

Retro88

Reaction score
Lmao, I didn't have....let me check....Dak sucks bc he wears white socks on my bingo card. As matter of fact I can't remember a single time I've ever paid attention to what socks anyone was wearing during a football game. Yall wild, :laugh:

TexasBacon

Reaction score
LOL aren’t they cursed ?
Those were the royal blue jerseys that were "cursed". Don't you put that ju-ju on the beautiful navy jerseys. I went back and tallied it up last year and we are like 15-1 or something extreme wearing navy over the last few years, including the (only) playoff win against TB. I think we also do extremely well in the color rush set. We've only lost maybe one game in the color rush set in the past 5 years. And are undefeated in the throwbacks since they've come back. So, it's the home whites that are bad luck these days, lol.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Navy blue jerseys...
Week 6 vs Lions
Week 15 at Panthers
Week 18 vs Commanders

Week 4 at Giants
Week 14 vs Bengals

But..the socks, hmm?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Nah. We aren't the Giants, Colts, or Lions. Cowboys blue is navy and it makes us alot more unique than being another royal blue team. We'd look too close to the Lions.

Agree to disagree, the Roger & TD blue especially when the sun hits it was the best uniforms the boys had with the dark pants too. Lions uniforms could not hold a candle to those. Do like the colts uniforms but no one is confusing those with the boys blue.

Last edited: