the PROBLEM with Julius Jones...

ultra5

Reaction score
is that it takes him 4.6 seconds to come out of his 1st cut.

when you guys go back and watch this game (if you can bear to) - look at how he cannot accelerate through his first cut. he just gets bogged down.

watch it and you'll see what i'm talking about. he looks like he has concrete in his shoes.

JJ is not a good enough back to play behind a mediocre line. he just doesn't have the burst out of that 1st cut.

newlander

Reaction score
I kind of agree, but have a little different take on it. Did you see the long run in the 3rd Quarter where he went off left tackle, SLOWED DOWN A LITTLE, and then cut right and burst up the gut for a nice gainer? That's what they've been looking for from him since he was drafted. I personally think he has NO patience, no feel for the position and is just too impatient. He shouldn't have those issues this far into his career. I say chances are slim he comes back. I believe he's an unrestricted F.A.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The probablem with Jones is that he needs another man to sqeeze his coconuts to run good. After Hamlin violated him he got pissed off and looked like rookie year, big game Julius.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
dont see how anyone can complain about him tonight...he had a good game

better system and OL and we'll see a really really good player

David

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with JJ is two fold. BP has practically killed him and the O-Line.

ultra5

Reaction score
watertown;1295367 said:
you guys are idiots, he is the only every down RB on the team

is he good enough for you?

or are we just blinded by the greatness of the past?

JJ was NOT the reason we lost tonight, he actually had some nice runs as the game wore down. that being said, he is not a stud back. he's a decent back that can flash a little from time to time.

CaptainQuint

Reaction score
Wow. I thought Julius had a good game...waited patiently on some plays, found some holes that couldn't see, and rescued a lost fumble near his own goal line.
Think of someone else to blame, or else just blame yourself.

Skin

Reaction score
Parcells has screwed Julius up to the max. Remember how he used to run before BP got into this head? The blow-line doesn't help much either. The guy can play.

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1295378 said:
The problem with JJ is two fold. BP has practically killed him and the O-Line.

Yeah the guards have limited the Cowboys running game all year, but the sad part is they've invested big money in two BUMS!
:banghead:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Julius was one of the few bright spots tonight. We finally used him right instead of abandoning the run and being a one-dimensional offense.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1295445 said:
Julius was one of the few bright spots tonight. We finally used him right instead of abandoning the run and being a one-dimensional offense.

Yep. :hammer: We were a little bit more balanced tonight and we saw that we were in the game to the end.

Reaction score
I'm sure people can find other problems from tonight, you guys need to stop being so picky. I bet most of the ones doing the so called analysis never played a down of football or was any good at it....

:laugh2:

Analyze that Tony Romo fumble then come back and talk...