The Quit Screwing Around Mock

Aven8

Reaction score
My second mock of the year brings me to a different approach. I preface this by saying I’m fixing the defense in FA.

FA- List- Signed Christian Wilkins DT- Miami
Signed- Frankie Luvu- LB Carolina.

Plan on the Oline- Tyler at LT, Bass, Rookie C, Martin, Steele.

2024 Draft Class

While I hate trade backs we need picks and Pittsburgh traded up to 24 giving us pick 29 and 61.
Pick 29- Trey Benson- RB Florida St. use this man for 5 years and let him ride off into the sunset.
Pick 56- Cedric Gray- ILB NC. He just has too much production in three years as a starter.
Pick 61- Roman Wilson- WR Michigan- Did anyone see him at the Sr Bowl? Puka vibes in and out of his breaks.
Pick 87- Tanner Bortilini- Center Wisconsin- Yes another C from Wisconsin.
Pick 213- Myles Cole Edge Texas Tech- a huge long specimen that played out of position at OLB.
Pick 231- DaCamerion Richardson- Corner Miss St- Two year started and blew up the combine.
Pick 242- Anthony Gould- WR Oregon St- First team All America punt returner with speed to burn.

Enjoy!

Beaker42

Reaction score
My second mock of the year brings me to a different approach. I preface this by saying I’m fixing the defense in FA.

2024 Draft Class

While I hate trade backs we need picks and Pittsburgh traded up to 24 giving us pick 29 and 61.
Pick 29- Trey Benson- RB Florida St. use this man for 5 years and let him ride off into the sunset.
Pick 56- Cedric Gray- ILB NC. He just has too much production in three years as a starter.
Pick 61- Roman Wilson- WR Michigan- Did anyone see him at the Sr Bowl? Puka vibes in and out of his breaks.
Pick 213- Myles Cole Edge Texas Tech- a huge long specimen that played out of position at OLB.
Pick 231- DaCamerion Richardson- Corner Miss St- Two year started and blew up the combine.
Pick 242- Anthony Gould- WR Oregon St- First team All America punt returner with speed to burn.

Enjoy!
Like the first 4 picks, don’t know much about the others.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
He nailed being a LT without practicing all offseason.
Agree with you here as I remember folks stating he’s grading out better as a tackle. Also, if he makes that move you free yourself up in the first round to possibly take a more dynamic player. You selected Benson, I’d consider a receiver as I liked CD paired with a legit running mate.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Benson at 29 and anointing Bass is a NO for me.

Bass will get exposed with more snaps. He can't handle quick, athletic DT's. He's not horrible; I just don't think he's a capable NFL starter.

Tyler will be fine at Left Tackle. I don't get the worrying by some of the fan base. The Cowboys want to keep him at Guard to keep his next contract lower.

Creeper

Reaction score

2024 Draft Class

Enjoy!
Overall this is not a bad selection of players. I think Richardson will go before the 7th round only because of his combine. I don't mind the Bortilini pick, but I don't think he will be ready to start in 2024. He needs to get stronger. Maybe in a year or two he develops.

J12B

Reaction score
Then look for another RB.
There aren't any others that can take on a starting role year 1.

Benson and Wright are the only 2.

Brooks is a question mark given his injury.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Simulators are fun but not very realistic. I didn't check to see if there's a difficulty adjustment. I just punched in for 3 rounds of selections and ended up with the following:
Real draft may not have any of these guys available where I was able to select them. Lol.

mock-I-3-round.jpg

Chasing6

Reaction score
The quit screwing around draft, has to start with the quit screwing around with free agency.

cnuball21

Reaction score

2024 Draft Class

Enjoy!
Don’t mind trading back if the board is still looking good but the first 3 picks all feel like major reaches.