The Ravens have put out "feelers" to gauge interest in linebacker Ray Lewis

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Ravens have reportedly sent out "feelers" to gauge interest in linebacker Ray Lewis.

The future Hall of Famer has a huge contract, is coming off surgery, and has become tired of being the face of the Ravens franchise. If he was willing to take a paycut, we'd think the would be easy to move.

Jan. 21 - 10:06 am et
Source: Baltimore Sun

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
The Ravens have reportedly sent out "feelers" to gauge interest in linebacker Ray Lewis.

The future Hall of Famer has a huge contract, is coming off surgery, and has become tired of being the face of the Ravens franchise. If he was willing to take a paycut, we'd think the would be easy to move.

Jan. 21 - 10:06 am et
Source: Baltimore Sun
If he'd take a huge pay cut I'd take him over that former Eagles wr. At least Ray doesn't tear apart his team.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'd expect him to end up with a guy like Dungy running a speed 4-3 who has a chance to win. He'd run the defense like Peyton runs the offense and would give that team some serious toughness in the playoffs.

Murph80

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I'd expect him to end up with a guy like Dungy running a speed 4-3 who has a chance to win. He'd run the defense like Peyton runs the offense and would give that team some serious toughness in the playoffs.
Colts have 11 FA's. James and Wayne are two of them and they are trying to keep that team together. They will not sign any players but there own this off season.

followthestar

Reaction score
There aren't many natural leaders on defense - even Dat wasn't a fiery type of guy, though he had great intensity. This believe it or not may be a move we would make... There is no doubt he would bring a veteran presense to a young group of LBs, which is really whats needed back there. With Nguyen and Singleton out, our LB play suffered and teams were able to run on us. We don't need a serious cover LB - we have a couple of those. What we need is a veteran run-stuffing big Parcells kinda LB. And a FS would help!

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
followthestar said:
There aren't many natural leaders on defense - even Dat wasn't a fiery type of guy, though he had great intensity. This believe it or not may be a move we would make... There is no doubt he would bring a veteran presense to a young group of LBs, which is really whats needed back there. With Nguyen and Singleton out, our LB play suffered and teams were able to run on us. We don't need a serious cover LB - we have a couple of those. What we need is a veteran run-stuffing big Parcells kinda LB. And a FS would help!
I don't think he likes the 3-4, plus I think that Parcells knows this draft is heavy on the LBrs. I could see the LB group going 3 to 4 rounds deep, with 4 rounders being as good as 1st or 2nd rounders.

So I don't think Ray would be affordable for what we're trying to do.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
If he'd take a huge pay cut I'd take him over that former Eagles wr. At least Ray doesn't tear apart his team.

Yeah. He just tears apart people. With knives. No thanks.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DrewHensonSoonerNotLater said:
Yeah. He just tears apart people. With knives. No thanks.

So...

Do you have any evidence to support that statement or are you just going to beleive what you hear even though it was from the outside looking in?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
jterrell said:

Not sure if they have the money to sign Ray Lewis. Seems like they prefer smaller and quicker guys on their linebacking core.

- Mike G.