The real Romo showed up today!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah you could see, just from the highlights, that he got back to the moving around, and making some throws on the move. Some of the completions he made reminded me of the Skins game last year.

Everson24

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2438964 said:
Yeah you could see, just from the highlights, that he got back to the moving around, and making some throws on the move. Some of the completions he made reminded me of the Skins game last year.

That's what I was noticing too. I wonder if this is what Tony was hinting at when he said that he saw a flaw in his game while he was off for four weeks.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His accuracy still looks off, I'll be glad when he doesn't need that splint.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I believe he mentioned he still had grip issues on a couple balls, but I too have noticed him using his feet more and giving the receivers time to get open.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
ReturnToGlory;2438955 said:
And not the Tom Brady wanna be!

Thats because the OL isn't blocking for a squat most of the time. If OL, gives him time, he will sit there and throw the ball. And now, D can't let him in the sit in the pocket either, since with Roy Williams and Owens, one of them will get open quick.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
the ol is horrible. romo is doing most of this on his own. they were probowlers last year because of romo. they were bums with bledsoe and they were bums with our backups. they don't all the sudden become good. i want to see what romo could do with the giants oline.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Everson24;2439118 said:
That's what I was noticing too. I wonder if this is what Tony was hinting at when he said that he saw a flaw in his game while he was off for four weeks.

I believed from the moment i heard him say it that he was talking about that. The guy seems like he's pretty smart, as far as his skill set goes, and I think he realises what brought him to this point and realised what he needed to get back to. He showed a couple of things last week like this and he did it a few more times this week.

When that splint comes off I think he's really going to be hitting on all cylinders.

BHendri5

Reaction score
This is a good thread. I think you may be on to something.
It is alright to read on wht those guys do, but just incorporate it into what you already do, do not mimick them, or try to be like them. Romo unique in his own way, that to me he will end up being better. Just take the intangibles, the cerebreal things.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2439168 said:
When that splint comes off I think he's really going to be hitting on all cylinders.
He will likely be wearing that again on Turkey day. Perhaps when we go to Putzburgh it comes off.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Man oh man, unfortunately i missed this game, but by looking at the highlights, moxie is back with a vengeance. I feel sorry for the trolls that cant enjoy the moment. All that matters is getting into the playoffs, and getting a win. I never got off the romo train, never will, unlike some who wanted old man brad johnson. However, i reaffirm imma a romosexual :D

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
He played well today but is still having issues with passes floating on him. The sooner that splint is off, the better.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'm thinking one more game with the splint and then he'll be set free. The main issue with the splint is the strength of his grip is likely compromised causing lots of ducks under game pressure that aren't there in practice. Just get by Seattle and I think our offensive production will sky-rocket (assuming Kosier is back for the stretch or Holland has finally beat out Procter).

Big D

Reaction score
It is good to see him out there having fun again and not approaching it like a job. In the games before his injury he seemed to be out of his normal 'happy go lucky' character. His biggest weakness now is throwing the slant route. He seems to be misjudging TO's speed. Other than that, I can't complain.