The Romo Injury Was Inevitable

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
It has been forever since we have had a QB miss a game due to injury.

2007...no games missed due to injury.
2006...no games missed due to injury. Ineffective Bledsoe benched.
2005...no games missed due to injury.
2004...Vinny did not start Thanksgiving game, but he did play.
2003...No games missed due to injury.
2002...no games missed due to injury. Ineffective Q benched.

You have to go all the way back to 2001 when Q was hurt to find games our starting QB has lost due to injury. That just isn't common in the NFL.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2333541 said:

You have to go all the way back to 2001 when Q was hurt to find games our starting QB has lost due to injury. That just isn't common in the NFL.

He's only gone for 4 games, not IR'd.

We'll be fine.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah we've been pretty lucky in that regard over the last 8 or so years. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Boysboy;2333545 said:
He's only gone for 4 games, not IR'd.

We'll be fine.

If we wer 6-0 then you're right we'd be fine cause we could handle a 1-2 record while he's out.

Since we're 4-2 a 1-2 record here will put us in some serious trouble for the year.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
We've been pretty fortunate with injuries of late. Maybe a little adversity makes us tougher and we have a brighter end to the season.

Boysboy

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2333553 said:
We've been pretty fortunate with injuries of late. Maybe a little adversity makes us tougher and we have a brighter end to the season.

We were among the healthiest, if not the healthiest teams in the NFL the last 2 seasons.

Pt being that I hate to say this, but we should have seen this coming. Too bad we weren't able to take advantage of the golden opportunities those last 2 precious years.:(

Aven8

Reaction score
I think Brad can handle this. I really do. He's accurate and gets rid of the ball quickly. I still think we should go after Roy though.

I can see us going 3-1 over the span. Then you get Romo, Newman, Our Roy, and Roy #11 will be up to speed on the offense. Sounds like a nice stretch run!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Our offense becoming completely anemic is also inevitable.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I swear they read the board...

October 13, 2008

More Tony Romo fallout
11:05 AM Mon, Oct 13, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

The last time the Cowboys did not have their starting quarterback available to them because of injury came in 2004 when Drew Henson replaced Vinny Testaverde in the Thanksgiving Day game against Chicago.

And that lasted only a half with Testaverde leading the Cowboys to a win over the Bears.

Before that? You have to go back to 2001 when the Cowboys used four different starting quarterbacks: Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Ryan Leaf and Clint Stoerner.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future;2333570 said:
Our offense becoming completely anemic is also inevitable.

Sad but true...

But maybe the defense will bail this team out...

:lmao:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2333581 said:
Sad but true...

But maybe the defense will bail this team out...

:lmao:

Maybe we can get Michael Vick out of jail:cool:

superpunk

Reaction score
Allow me to explain.

let's say you flip a coin 9 times, and it comes up tails nine times in a row. Are the odds any better that you will hit heads on the tenth flip? The gambler feels so, because he feels that he's due. But in reality, the odds are the same that they've always been.

Football outsiders used this same logical fallacy in their prediction for the Cowboys 2008 season.

I'm sure that this will affirm their position in their minds, but it is still fallacy even though it came true, just as the gambler's logic would still be fallacy even if he hit heads on the tenth flip.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
superpunk;2333589 said:
Allow me to explain.

let's say you flip a coin 9 times, and it comes up tails nine times in a row. Are the odds any better that you will hit heads on the tenth flip? The gambler feels so, because he feels that he's due. But in reality, the odds are the same that they've always been.

Football outsiders used this same logical fallacy in their prediction for the Cowboys 2008 season.

I'm sure that this will affirm their position in their minds, but it is still fallacy even though it came true, just as the gambler's logic would still be fallacy even if he hit heads on the tenth flip.

Yup. Nobody's ever "due" for something to happen.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
What's inevitable is that when the OL allows the QB to be hit 20 times, the chances of him getting hurt goes up dramatically.

Flozell played dreadful yesterday before he was hurt. Leaving him in after he got hurt was inexplicable. Except that maybe our backup OL are completely inept.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
With all the Romo bashing, he's still the third highest rated QB in the entire NFL with 103 rating.

His only down side is his careless ball handling, when he holds the ball with one hand in the face of the rush. This injury might help him remember to use two hands.

I say let's shoot for 2-1 in this stretch, and Romo should be back for the Skins, who are liable to fall apart after the Rams loss reverting back to the way they should be.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
superpunk;2333589 said:
let's say you flip a coin 9 times...
...or flip a quarterback 19 times

Romo had been knocked down a total of 10 times in the first 5 games.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
The thing that stinks the most about this is that Romo will miss the Giants game.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile;2333541 said:
The Romo Injury Was Inevitable

Its true, "The Romo Injury Was Inevitable" but its because of his trying to be a QB he is not. This pocket passer thing aint gonna work. Its gonna cost us in more ways than one.

Defense's pin their ears back already. He was gonna get hurt "inevitably".